TF Theorycrafting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anthony Giedos

03-16-2010

AP would still be cool, the stacking is better on goldcards, redcards and blue + wild cards are still epic at farming. I realy want to try the new zonyas though, 125 ap + 25 percent ap increase plus the sexy new active..... = win

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
I would swap out sorcs for mercury, since tf seems to be more in the front lines a bit now.
If your TF is frontlines, you're doing it wrong. He's a RANGED Jax. He doesn't have as much survivability as Jax, but he has as much damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Giedos View Post
AP would still be cool, the stacking is better on goldcards, redcards and blue + wild cards are still epic at farming. I realy want to try the new zonyas though, 125 ap + 25 percent ap increase plus the sexy new active..... = win
New Zhonya's is excellent on him, but the problem is getting there. Most of my games have ended before I got the item. My build has been Haunting Guise -> Sorcerer Boots ->Nashor's -> Zhonya's. Game ends after I get Nashors. Actually, I could slip in Sheen/Lich Bane before the Nashor's and be a beastly pusher.

Also, for my runes. Red = Magic Penetration, Yellow = Health per 5, Blue = Mana Regen per 5, and Quints are the +5 AP.

Oh, and I'm running a 9/0/21 build with Flash and Clairvoyance.

Cat or Serpe

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
He's a RANGED Jax.
Same thing I said.
I did some field tests and these are my thoughts:
AP was way underpowered I tried my old build and some minor changes and it didn't really go that well.

ASPD+AD build:
Got bored as **** playing like this but it was sure effective

1st game
Berserker boots
malady (I know many people think this item sucks but is the only recovery item I could think of for how I was making my build)
guinsoo rageblade
phantom dancer
BF sword (wanted to do infinity edge)
result 19/6/10

2nd game
more or less same build exept
berserker boots
malady
sword of occult
phantom dancer
guinsoo rageblade
16/7/12

I did guinsoo rageblade late because I forgot I had to use it tho.
Sword of occult works more or less like meijai did on AP build

pros:
turrets go down fast as hell
good survival rate in 1 vs 1
great farming power

cons:
boring as ****, feels like playing sivir or twich or teemo or w.e
wild cards is usless

Chiliem

03-16-2010

Wild card DOES feel useless. You need a Meijei for those to be worth it IMHO.

I tried malady once, but I find Sheen is better. I hit and run a lot with the timing of my passive. I find that it's more efficient for me.

I wanted to try sword of rhte occult. How's that going for you? I'm concerned about it's effectiveness VS higher ELO players.

Cat or Serpe

03-16-2010

I really didn't feel any pros or cons in sword of occult, it worked for me but without it I did just fine, farming infinity edge with all the ASPD of my build should not be hard, but if you wanna try hardcore sword of occult is great to build AD fast if you can save it, if I feel like my team is good I'll keep doing it, if not I'll skip it.
I'm still waiting to get a bad enemy team to try both Sword of occult and meijai together (dun think that's anywhere near possible against decent enemies)

Chiliem

03-16-2010

I had bad opponents in some of my games... didn't have time to farm cuz their towers kept dying and the game ended too soon >_>

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Now, ya see, I'm going AP and AS. It's working quite well for me. He still plays like the old TF but a lot more efficiently.

crzg

03-16-2010

Did anyone consider going hybrid now?

Cat or Serpe

03-16-2010

I thought of getting a Zhonya ring in my build, but I never get to that point, I should get it instead of phantom dancer or malady, but I always end up doing malady since is pretty cheap and has good (not great) bonus.