TF Theorycrafting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2010

Because I basically creamed myself when I learned the patch was coming out, I figured I'd theorycraft over my favorite champion. With his new skill and the big damage it can cause, and the fact it's like Jax's ultimate, I feel Guinsoo's Rageblade is essential on him. As for the first big item, I think it'd be Rylai's or Hammer, depending on AS or AP.

Suggestions? Criticism? Agree? Disagree? And always give reasoning!

Freddeh

03-16-2010

Guinsoo's COULD work for him, but I don't think it'll be cost-efficient enough for him to be worth it, especially since you're going to have to get most of his charges from auto-attacking depending on how you build your skills.

I'm planning on dropping my old chalice+mejai's early game in favor of getting Nashor's Tooth, as it provides pretty much everything TF could want at this point: Atk speed for his passive, AP for obvious reasons, mana regen to give you 0 mp problems if you only use PaC, and CD reduction for his ult+PaC spam. After that my build will probably go back to the usual Lich Bane->Def item if needed->Zhonya's (especially with the cheaper cost and sexy active), only throwing Mejai's in if I have the money and am not having a huge problem getting kills.

ravanged

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral Varda View Post
Because I basically creamed myself when I learned the patch was coming out
Lol me too i want to try a physical + attack speed build on him

Shoopdawhoop22

03-16-2010

No one has mentioned an AD build to search for red cards (which seems to be the new hardest hitting attack). Is that just a bad idea?

Charmicarmicarmicat

03-16-2010

Yeah sadly red cards only do slightly more damage, not worth picking over a 2 seconds stun. Unless theres 2-3 enemies spaced closely together, then it might be..

Shoopdawhoop22

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmicarmicarmicat View Post
Yeah sadly red cards only do slightly more damage, not worth picking over a 2 seconds stun. Unless theres 2-3 enemies spaced closely together, then it might be..
So would still going AP be the way to go?

skystream92

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopdawhoop22 View Post
So would still going AP be the way to go?
I'd say yes, with some aspeed thrown in. I would totally ignore AD. There are decent AP items which add to survivability (RoA, rylais, now zhonyas), but very few AD items that will help keep a squishy fate alive.

I would also say to go with 1 pt in PaC early, then alternate btwn stacked deck and wild cards. Burst damage/stun is king early/mid game, and the difference between a 1.2s stun and 2.0s stun early is negligible when compared to an extra wildcard burst.

Viral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2010

Alright, based on the couple games I've played, I would say Haunting Guise is a great starter item. Gives you what you need early game. Nashor's is also very good and Rageblade with Sorcerer Boots. Two items based on the situation. Farming well? Zhonyas. Stunned? Banshee's. You think of the rest.

For build, I'm going
1. PaC
2. WC
3. WC
4. SD
5. WC
6. Destiny

Then Destiny -> WC -> SD -> PaC

Chutzpahnaught

Recruiter

03-16-2010

I have to agree that nashor's is fairly essential now for TF.

Honestly though, TF feels immensely similar to playing a ranged version of jax. And its not just the new ability, but also how PaC was changed. Red card is no longer a sign of TF-scrubhood.

I have been experimenting with the following build-
nashor's tooth
sorc boots
guinsoo's
starks
sheen (trinity if i have time)
banshee's veil

my usual build has been something along the lines of-
stinger + boots
catalyst
sheen
finish nashors
build guinsoo's
get vampiric scepter
finish banshee's
finish starks
finish trinity

I am also interested in trying out a frozen mallet.

skystream92

03-16-2010

I would swap out sorcs for mercury, since tf seems to be more in the front lines a bit now.