Sheen on Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quenthal

05-16-2011

I havent tryed it becouse im so used to rushing a Blightwater then Gunblade. Is grabbing a Sheen after your gunblade to late to make it more usefull than a Rageblade? Or os the AS/AD to much to pass up on the Rageblade?

Mortenya

05-16-2011

i'm all for getting gunblade first, or right after finished boots, fast though, first big item. sheen to either lich bane or tri-force is great, depending if you're leaning more towards AP or AD.

i've decided that i'd rather stop getting rageblade, for the same reason that i don't like his ult, it takes time to stack up, which means that he gets stronger as the fight goes on, but by the time he is ramped up, the fight might just be over. personally, i say go for either IE or Rylai's, depending on which route you're going.

sheen after gunblade though, i'd give it a thumbs up.

CortseaM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Sheen in general is not worth it IMO. If you can farm rageblade prior to 25 min (either after cutlass, gunblade, or vamp sceptor as I prefer), then it is a GREAT item.

Don't let the whole "stacking up time" deceive you. Rageblade procs off your SKILLS as well, so a leap-empower-attack is already 3 stacks. But again, if it's not an item in your arsenal by 25 min, you're probably better off getting something else.

I usually only get sheen when I'm REALLY owning, to build into tri-force/lich bane, but if I was serious, I'd probably go another hard AD/AP item after gunblade (disregarding rageblade if after 25 min), or core survivability (banshees, GA, ATMA's, etc).

Quenthal

05-17-2011

awsome, thanks for the info guys.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CortseaM View Post
Sheen in general is not worth it IMO. If you can farm rageblade prior to 25 min (either after cutlass, gunblade, or vamp sceptor as I prefer), then it is a GREAT item.

Don't let the whole "stacking up time" deceive you. Rageblade procs off your SKILLS as well, so a leap-empower-attack is already 3 stacks. But again, if it's not an item in your arsenal by 25 min, you're probably better off getting something else.

I usually only get sheen when I'm REALLY owning, to build into tri-force/lich bane, but if I was serious, I'd probably go another hard AD/AP item after gunblade (disregarding rageblade if after 25 min), or core survivability (banshees, GA, ATMA's, etc).
This is true if you can get your stacks but otherwise rageblade hurts your DPS because you can't buy other items equally expensive that give more.

As for Sheen.. I usually don't get it but it is a good item. Usually I focus on Tabi, Gunblade then counterbuilding the other team.

Galvynn

05-17-2011

IMO, Rageblade and Gunblade, with boots, are Jax's core.

Clowntown

Recruiter

05-17-2011

i go dorans blade > ninja tabi > dorans blade > gunblade > sheen > zeal > phage >tri-force... sometimes i go for the guinsoos after that depending on whats happening.

bARRtender

05-17-2011

Why do you need a phage/triforce when you have gunblade?

Sheen works well, but IMO it should turn into a lichbane if you're gonna turn it into something.

Kikhan

05-17-2011

I find Zeal and Phage much more useful to my needs then Sheen. By the time I am looking to build Tri-Force towards endgame all that is needed is about 1500g. I build a little oddly though still with all the hybrid items and BV.

Also Jax's cd's are long with empower being the shortest at 5 secondish. The proc is every 3 seconds, add in you usually stack empower on top of leap. This leaves almost half the time the procs could be available not being used at all.

Tokinatoor

05-17-2011

Yah,

Zeal and Phage are AUSOME on jax...

He needs to move fast, and he can slow well with his fast attack speed they combo REALLY WELL.

Sheen is just icing on the trinity force cake...

Jax was my first favorite champion but lately I have been avoiding rageblade (its good but sucks end game) and just go straight for hextech gunblade and follow up defensive items and trinity force.