Are Ryze Unstoppable????

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RapiDz

03-15-2010

Okay, ive played enough games to see that Ryze is like an impossible character to kill(wen used in good hands). Everytime, from solos to team fights, Ryze kills me/teammates in 2-3 seconds flat. Im just wondering, is their a weakness for Ryze so i can maybe have a chance? Ive been using Kass and Jax as my 2 main characters so if any suggestions, plzz help.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-15-2010

:|
if ur using kass... ur supposed to be a mage killer, that's what he was made to do...
so against ryze:
keep ur distance... his uber spells range isnt all that great -_-
in team fights, put some distance between urself and ur team to prevent the AOE bounces of spell flux YO
then silence him/stun him and he's as good as dead...
I mean, if you silence him in the beginning of a team fight, he should die in less than 2 seconds

1. Riftwalk into range
2. Silence/Force Pulse
3. The one you didn't do in two
4. ??????
5. profit

RapiDz

03-15-2010

well, it gets pretty hard to keep a distance since ive seen Ryze's take mid in beginning and flanks from top to bottom simultaneously. It gets ridiculously hard with his teammates also. Are there types builds that wuld help reduce the dmg of Ryze's huge dmg??

Excession

03-15-2010

u have a silence on an 8 sec cd. use it. kassadin argueably is the best mage-killer out there.

as for items:
banshee's veil for both
abyssal scepter is a must for your kass
force of nature (for your jax maybe, if ryze is srsly out of control)
random mr stuff

Drewbear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2010

Don't fight Ryze 1v1 as Jax. Reasoning is simple, Ryze is most effective at close range. If you find Ryze (or I should say Ryze finds you in the forest) and you jump at him/rift walk to him you're almost guaranteed to find yourself in a stun -> spell flux -> overload for possibly lethal damage.

The range on Ryze's stun and overload is lower than most character's range. Leave Ryze to a sniping or stunning teammate. Don't go near him while his spells aren't on cooldown or you're in for some trouble likely.

In general, try not to take too many bounces from spell flux. Stay away from teammates and mobs if you can to avoid taking more damage than you need to from his spell flux OR his ult.

Mercury Treads can be helpful if there's more stuns on the team, otherwise, a banshee's veil will let you stay out of the stun so you can bash on Ryze while he bashes on you.

Xocolatl

03-15-2010

If he flanks you, either:
1) get wards
2) clairvoyance
3) you know he's always gonna flank you, so just pick him off as he runs in.
This is a bit like playing with Twitch. After a while, you can always know when and where Twitch will pop up in a team fight. I had successfully roll into him with Ramus' Powerball while he's invisible a few times now, just for kicks. (I know I should be in the middle tanking, but it's funny to freak him out that way)

At any other time, get a CC, or assign a person on the team to take care of him. If you happened to have a bad team, then ..well..gg?

My most advanced tactic against this sort of stupidity is to choose where I fight. Some champs can control where the fight happens better than others. Tanks contribute quite largely to where a fight should be. Champions like Karthus and Janna are also great at herding people into specific spots.

mylegbig

03-15-2010

With Jax, get magic resist (veil, lichbane if you're going AP, etc). Combined with the extra hp from his passive, you should be able to survive his initial load, which gives you about a 4-5 second opportunity to kill him.

RapiDz

03-15-2010

thanx never really thought of buying magic res stuff, thought max AP is the way to go. Ill try ur suggestions and c if i can own a Ryze :P. TY every1!!

Zombie Irwin

03-15-2010

if youre top/bot you and your partner should always be able to keep up a 90g ward in the river to see people coming... its the easiest thing to get to avoid ganks

IrTehBoomSwagger

03-15-2010

its, easy if you have a banshees and you find a ryze in the jungle, or in a 1v1 scenario hes as good as dead because hes going to need all three of his dmg spells to kill you and after that its about a three second CD until he can use anything again. which gives you enough time to kill him.

In a team fight he is usually going to target one person or the closest person to unload his spells, watch his game play and see if he selects people out of the group or its the first person he's closest to, if he is selective about his targets, have that target come in later in the team fight or hold back. and if he targets a tank have the tank initiate as they are supposed to.