best items for master yi

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyle1022

05-17-2011

Don't listen to anyone telling you to stack phantom dancers. Bad idea. I've done it in games with friends just messing around and won by just pushing lanes but if you ever actually get in a team fight you will be killed instantly.

EzRemake

05-17-2011

-Berserkers
-Phantom Dancer
-Infinity Edge

These three items give you ridiculous attack speed, and you'll be critting for 600 almost every hit. Afterwards, feel free to add one of these, depending on what they have in their team.

-Banshee (Too many damaging nukes and CCs to deal with)
-Warmogs (You're dieing too much to everything and need a boost)
-Quicksilver (Too many CC to deal with)
-Last Whisperer (For tanks)
-Bloodthirster (If you need extra damage and lifesteal, i.e against other auto attackers)
-Guardian Angel (Use discretion for this one)

Al3xander

05-17-2011

I build yi depending on the enemy team.

Usually i jungle, and go for zeker/wriggle/yommus

After getting these, i just buy AD/ASlifesteal if i want to go squishy.

iP1ayJarvan

05-17-2011

2 PD, then boots 5 and 2 BT and 1 Infinity to BD, but only for BD, teamfights will be insta death for u.

otherwise go atmogs: frozen mallet, atmas, warmogs, PD/starks (choose 1 for AS), berserkers greaves, Banshee's. run with summoner cleanse and something else, this build needs you fed but works really really well late game. credits to the author who wrote Dark Arts of Master Yi, this is probably a somewhat copy of his Final Yi build.

edit: with full build, went 1v3 in a coop vs ai game at very very late game (all the bots had full builds by then), took ww, soraka and ashe out and survived, and a guy who did this which i've seen before went 19/8 in a 4v5 game, nearly winning the game for them. THIS is the real tanky dps.

Snaketeeth01

05-17-2011

I practicaly only play Yi, and so far disagree with almost everything said here so far.

Many players tell me to get Madreds early to help me jungle, but I rarely even get madreds, for the simple reason. The gold is better spent elsewhere.

I'll go a little into depth here, and if you want to know more let me know.

To start out I'm a jungler. It's very key to asserting early dominance and putting fear into the enemies head. Alot of times as soon as the enemy see's a Yi in load screen, they assume he will be in jungle and as soon as you don't appear in lane that will be verified.
Blue golem appears at 1:50, and you will need 1-2 mates to help you get it. Best bet, is to have 3-4 in area and nearby bushes to help scout for anti-junglers. Which most of the time if you and a couple mates are waiting you can get the drop and have first blood very early.

For summoner skills I take smite and exhaust. Start with a health potion and dagger. Initiate the battle on golem, use the potion and as soon as he has 400 hp smite to get the kill. If your mates took the damage, or you have majority of your health, you can immediately start your rotation on wolves to wraiths. By the time your level 3 you have zerker greaves and can take out red lizard. By the time your level 4 you may have lost blue buff, but will have red, zerkers, and your laners will have weak targets for you to gank.

My first 3 items are always the same, and I will explain here why madreds = fail.
First off, my rune set is built for crit dmg%, and armor pen. Meaning early game, I may only have %2 chance to land a critical strike, so the most important thing to do is increase those chances. But since that can be a little costly, and more towards mid game there are a few things to consider.
Skill build should be Alpha, to wuju, leveling up wuju as much as possible. By not taking meditate til level 13, you maximize your damage output. Yi's passive double strike is activated every 7'th strike, which is guaranteed damage, and the best way to maximize this is to increase attack speed. Something madreds does not do.
As i said, start out with dagger. In your jungle rotation after taking blue, wolves, and wraiths, you should be able to afford boots, but more importantly buy 3 health pots first to stay in the jungle for longer. It will only cost you 500 to finish greaves. Second item will be vamp scepter.
Having vamp opposed to armor means you steal hp instead of blocking. In the jungle both are equally effective. Higher attack speed = stealing more hp faster than you take it. So now that the jungle doesnt hurt you, you can roam around staying healthy, watching your map for gank opportunties. espec while you have red.

After you have scepter, buy a dagger, and go have fun until you have 775 to complete zeal.
Very important! More much important than madreds.
As many of my non Yi playing mate's have told me, madreds helps in jungle, because there is a low % chance to deal an additional 500 dmg. But with this build your attack speed outweighs this percentage by dealing assured damage while not taking any. More importantly by having Lizard buff, zeal, and exhaust, you can alphs onto an enemy use exhaust pop wuju and watch them die. Which can often lead to double kills as well. Not only does this net you 300 per kill, but while they are dead they dont get xp. Then GTFO out of your partners lane, let them wipe up mins to get some more gold and xp while you head back to shop and keep in jungle.

The more you are off the map, the more they wonder where you are. This will either force them to be less aggresive towards your towers, or they will push forth and cry when you stab them in the back. The easiest way to get early kills is to have your mate rush in, take damage and fallback decieving the enemy letting them think they can either get a kill or at least suppress your mates. They will expend their skills, and while they are on CD you just alpha in and wipe em up.

After your zeal is built get cloak, bringing your crit % to at least 20-30, finish phantoms (making you harder to outrun) and start saving for B.F sword. The damage is important early on and very easy to afford if you have 4-5 kills. Getting infinity sooner is extremely important. Much more important than wriggles. wriggles have 18? % lifesteal, whereas starks favor not only grants you %20, but is an aura effect helping your TF greatly. Plus since you already have vamp scepter anyway. it's only an additional 350 gold to upgrade it to %17 lifesteal with an aura of 10hp over 5 seconds, which may not be alot but combined with your lifesteal is just as good if not better than the armor offered by madred.

So far you may think my build is "too" squishy. But I assure you, once your landing 700+ dmg crits with an attack speed of at least 2.0, the enemy wont be alive long enough to fight back anyway. Before long you will be scoring double, triple, and Ace. Which is the perfect time to push minions to a tower pop wuju and alpha and take out towers instantly.

iP1ayJarvan

05-17-2011

chain CC says hello to your build. your build works early - midgame only when the bursts aren't that bad yet. at late late game when akali does 3/4 of your hp in 1 combo or annie can summon her pedobear to rape you, its 1 shot bye bye coz you're so squishy. i'd use your build for turret smashing (so i said in my post above, BD only). The only yi that survives is tanky dps yi at late game.