Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

what seals to get for amumu??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rad1987

03-15-2010

what seals are good for amumu?? atm i have cool down on him. what do you put??

Sheverash

Recruiter

03-15-2010

running blue CD reduction and the rest HP. works for me

Pyronymer

03-16-2010

Get the seal that turns him into another champion.

Preferably Allister.

Amumu dead outright sucks (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=39078).

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

Naesala

03-16-2010

It depends on what kind of items you're going for.
For example, you're stacking sunfire capes but you don't want to get that extra magic resistance against their casters because it won't make you as much of a threat so you takes magic resistance runes instead to avoid it.

with other words, take what you find most usefull (what you're lacking from items).

Cyst

03-16-2010

Seals: Dodge
Glyph: Magic Resist
Quints: Dodge
Marks: Magic Pen

Get mekis pendant -> Chalice

Than for boots it varies depedent on enemy.

If they got heavy hitting dps champs i tend to go dodge boots
other wise mercs

After wards get sunfires at least 2... i like to get a banshee or go with some other defense item that increase surviablity towards magic casters like ryze.

Mastery's go
9 Off
21 Defense

you want to arch sav in tier 1 that gives ap than 1 in exhaust
do not forget the nice cd reduction and magic debuff

in defense get both resistances and dodge (don't bother with dodge speed one)

Get hp and attack speed/ap boost

than the 4% less damage last one.

Take exhaust and (Heal or ghost I perfer ghost)

I tend to take tantrum first
followed by 1 pt toss
Than 1-2 pts despair
than tantrum ect ect

make sure to take ult at 6
Cause if you do not have a kill by lvl 6 with ult you most likely will get one.

How to play amumu
You are a sad mummy but you have something they don't know ... Damage ... Yup let them mock you if they are cocky enough

turn on despair than toss bandage at enemy and start smacking them like you are a melee fighter

When you have ult up...

when ya got 1-2 squishy by ya ult run up to him and start smackin him
than bandage toss him should be dead.
Use tantrum when ever it comes up.

Amumu could really really really use some love.... but in hands of good player he can work well as a semi tank.

If that sounds to complicated for ya... check attachments

Oddly enough this is also perfect setup for jax too...

SaulOrNothing

Recruiter

03-16-2010

Quote:
Pyronymer:
Get the seal that turns him into another champion.

Preferably Allister.

Amumu dead outright sucks (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=39078).

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

way to prove you dont know what you are talking about.
--------

Amumu loves hp runes simply because to be a full on tank he depends upon items and runes (he just lacks the stats to tank effectively). Also, amumu shines in premades... if you have trouble in solo queue, its probably because amumu requires good coordination to be truly effective. Finally, Amumu shouldn't be the main tank for a team, imo. I prefer to use him as a bulky caster that can sponge hits and aoe for a bit more damage than the tank version (unless they get several sunfire capes while my build usually only ever gets one if at all).

Reds: Mag. Pen.
I just use these because they were what I already had. If you go bulky ap build then I highly recommend them to help with damage output.

Yellows: Dodge
The best yellow rune for every champ pretty much. Alternately, you can go hp/ per lvl if you would like as its nearly as good.

Blues:
These can be several things. Again, I use a bulky caster amumu and so I go with cool down reduction per lvl to help with the ults cooldown (I also recommend you keep the golem if you dont have a caster who benefits from it more). If you want a tankier amumu, then I suggest magic resist/ lvl to help with casters.

Quints:
Flat Hp/ Lvl
only real option imo