Any tips for Kassadin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cellent

05-16-2011

I bought kassadin a few weeks ago and i still suck as him. I usually go phantom dancer, BoS, trinity force, lichbane, then ability power if we haven't already lost. Can anyone tell me better ways to play him?

Fezzul

05-16-2011

build him ability power don't get any attack speed or attack damage items

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

1) Build AP
2) Try to play safe
3) Get Mana regen
4) Farm till lvl 6
5) Use Ult to own
6) ???
7) PROFIT!

Logios

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellent View Post
I bought kassadin a few weeks ago and i still suck as him. I usually go phantom dancer, BoS, trinity force, lichbane, then ability power if we haven't already lost. Can anyone tell me better ways to play him?
TBH this is an awful build. Kassadin should be played as a mage and does a **** load of damage when done so. Try something like this next time:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=97

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Never put Trinity Force and Lichbane in the same build. You're only getting the proc from one of them, not both. Second, Kassadin is one of those champions that suffers from an "identity crisis". What I mean is that Kassadin was originally designed to be a melee-based champion that countered mages, but his spells were so powerful that people focused on that aspect of him instead and it works a lot better the majority of the time. This build stacks AP and plays like every other assassin in the game, meaning you only go after targets that you can kill in 1 or 2 burst strings, and you never enter the fight first.

I don't play Kassadin though, but his build and style is pretty straightforward.

Forklift

05-16-2011

build AP Kassadin and during team fights camp around the outskirts once you see a spell caster or a really squishy champion Rift Walk, Null Sphere, Force Pulse would usually mean an instant kill once you killed the champion cleanse any slow effects or stuns with your summoner skill and rift walk the hell out of there. If you do it right you usually get a kill and leave the battle with a few bars of HP left if you do it wrong you die. Kassadin is basically a glass cannon in this way.

EnragedBadger

05-16-2011

My build is pretty much always:

Mana crystal + 2 pots.

First trip back get catalyst (catalyst is REALLY important in the lane) and get level 1 boots if you can.

Build into Sorc boots and then rush death cap. The only time I wouldn't go for death cap is if I am playing a ****** who has fed me early kills. Then I would go for Mejai's and get stacks.

After that I'll finish Banshee's then grab a void staff, Lich bane and finally a Zhonya's.

You are a burst assassin. You are going to want to try and jump on squishies, burst them to death and run away before they know what has hit them.

I run 9/0/21 as Kass and flash and ignite masteries. Ignite is **** good for adding to your burst and flash means you can get miles away from even the scariest ganks. I know some people take cleanse since you can pop it when you get cc'd to run away but honestly I think if you get in that position you are pretty much dead whatever.

I always try and take a solo lane as Kass. You need to hit level 6 asap and you will be really gimped if you have to duo. There are much better picks if you are going to have to duo lane.

You will be a glass cannon and if you get caught you are pretty much going to die. Kass takes a long time to get used to and understand when you can go for kills and when you can't and what risks are worth taking.

I'm not the most amazing player in the world (only 1370 elo but I only just started ranked) but I have played a lot of games as Kassadin. In the few ranked games I have played I am 5/0 as Kass with a big k/d ratio. I've also watched a lot of good players playing him and read a lot of stuff too.

This guide is brilliant and says everything I am trying to say much better and in much more depth:
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=97

EDIT: someone already linked this guide above I see.

vcool

05-16-2011

If you can avoid it (and you can most of the time) never riftwalk IN the back of the enemy team to pick off the squishy. If they sudenly focus you, it'll take them less than 3 seconds to kill you, meaning riftwalk is still on CD.

Walk in from the back (most of the time they'll be too focused on the teamfight to pay notice) do your burst, and riftwalk out. Rinse repeat.

If you're sure of the kill, or you're going only after one person, sure riftwalk into their face. Otherwise try to keep it for the escape.

Doriantv

05-16-2011

RoA + Deathcap.

Seelyon

05-16-2011

Try this Kassadin Guide, its got some helpful tips and gameplay hints.