Akali, the laning phase - couple questions.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRoaRx

05-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mejakallu View Post
Exhaust and flash are actually a perfectly reasonable choices for her summoners. Exhaust compliments the fact that you're focusing down one target and need them to be slowed. It's a great early CC until you grab your vital rylais, which is often after you finish boots and sheen. Flash is just good on any champ, and Akali can use it for some silly juking with brushes, shroud, and walls. Other solid choices are ghost and ignite.

Amp tome is a decent starting item as well; you'll just need to play a little more conservatively without the extra 2 pots boots allows.

A great trick is the double mark that many people use. Toss a Q and optionally drop a shroud. Wait for an opening on your opponent, preferably close to the CD of your Q again (somewhat difficult at level 1 Q since it has the same CD as the duration) and then proc the mark with an auto attack, Q again, and immediately mark. Insane early game burst damage that can really scare some people.

exhausts.. good maybe early game but with rylias crystal thing that would help a lot

Mejakallu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

The exhaust mastery reduces armour and mres too and makes it last .5 seconds longer, making your target that much more vulnerable.

Exhaust is just a great spell in general. If you're gunning down a Sona or Soraka at the back of the team while a Xin or Trynd is messing up the rest of your team, it lowers their damage output pretty significantly, helping your team.

Kalex Khan

05-16-2011

my problem was, once i made a rune page that gave me both passives at the start... I just ended up jungling every game with her instead.

TsurugiHikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2011

Well she isn't a bad jungler and that rune page you mentioned is not necessary bad to use in lane as well. I don't personally use the rune page suggested but I have jungled with a different rune setup that lets me jungle but it gets really dicey fast if you can't use her skills effectively and efficiently in the jungle.

Aikimiller

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalex Khan View Post
my problem was, once i made a rune page that gave me both passives at the start... I just ended up jungling every game with her instead.
So put armor seals on that page, and you've got the perfect akali page.

Ideally, you want to proc both passives from runes, then pickup some combination of starting items that give you sustainability (I like doran's shield, but I harass heavily, and the extra armor helps reduce minion agro, not to mention opposing champs own harass).

If you don't have the runepage, I would say sustainability is more important- and Doran's Blade isn't a great item for sustainability, very small lifeleech, which means to stay at full you need to be constantly auto-attacking, which means you're pushing your lane hard, which is a bad thing early game, most of the time.

I like dorans shield for a starting item, but boots +pots is a decent second option. Prioritize your AD passive- it's fairly easy to get with a combination of runes and masteries.

Waschbar

05-17-2011

I prioritize W over E :/ E is an energy hog, I love a slow, 50MR/Armor and aoe shroud more than I love inefficient AoE damage.

Frantic Fey

05-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwright View Post
I prioritize W over E :/ E is an energy hog, I love a slow, 50MR/Armor and aoe shroud more than I love inefficient AoE damage.
Yeah, while the armor and MR buff can be pretty useful with Akali, like by surviving a Karthus ult, spending points early on shroud I believe actually cripples her more than benefits. E, although in comparison to other skills, does little damage, I believe it is less of a nuke and more of a farming tool. Without it, she farms much worse. The slow (which I almost only use it for during laning or the occasional time when a teammate is being chased) as well as the buff doesn't justify it's maxing out before your farming skill, imo.

Prometheius

05-17-2011

For me, skill order:

R>Q>W>E just because those points in W allow me to conserve a LOT more HP when it's getting close.

I've never really used Exhaust much w/ Akali because I prefer Ignite so I can shut down healers and finish off people. Might try it next game and see how it goes, though.