Last Whisper & physical spells

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reidan

03-15-2010

does the 40% armor pen on LW increase the damage of physical spells such as pantheon and parrley?

Excession

03-15-2010

ya im pretty sure it does, as long as it scales with damage, armor pen and reduction work with it

trafugial

03-15-2010

Yea i would think if it's physical damage that the armor pen would help your damage output.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2010

Yea any ability that deals physical damage would be reduced by armor, and last whisper would reduce the effect of that armor.

DonkeyBalls

03-16-2010

I don't know about the examples you cited. As a Corki player I have not gotten Last Whisper but I do get Black Cleaver which is armor reduction and supposedly triggers on "physical attacks." Black Cleaver does not trigger on Gattling which is a physical attack.

Klikiss

03-16-2010

The stacking of Black Cleaver probably requires an auto attack to build up, as most other items (Tiamat, etc) don't proc on spells (even physical damage spells), but I'd expect Last Whisper and any existing Cleaver stacks to increase the damage of your physical spells, as magic penetration would increase the damage of spell damage.

GuyGin

03-16-2010

you might want to test this.

IIRC i've had Ashe doing less damage with volley (physical spell) than with her auto attacks.

Zirun

03-16-2010

Any ability that does physical damage (Parrrley, Spear Shot, Heartseeker Strike, etc.) will be affected by armor and armor penetration.

They will not apply on-hit effects (Frozen Mallet, Executioner's Calling, Black Cleaver, Lizard buff, etc.) unless it specifically says so (IE; Parrrley).