Evasion Seals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reinhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

Are these best for jungling? I used to jungle as champs often but now play in the lane more often but haven't replaced these runes yet. I'm guessing even with the dodge mastery in lane something like health seals will go further than evasion, right?

jrhwhite

05-15-2011

Flat health or flat armor seals are quite common

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

For jungling you want flat armor.

ComradeHX

05-15-2011

Flat armour only, maybe with some Hp quints.

Reinhart

05-15-2011

so then what do people suggest evasion seals for? I feel like I kept seeing them in guides and I've been filling my page with them, are they useless?

Powerstoned

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
so then what do people suggest evasion seals for? I feel like I kept seeing them in guides and I've been filling my page with them, are they useless?
The thinking is with sivir and jax they should be used, but I personally always use dodge seals on Gragas(for just something different in a tank) and Rumble(lack of mana with alot of melee auto attack) in the lane, also Armor/AD Malphite. It's more accepted Any Tanky Jungler could use them to good effect. But i don't jungle.

I'm thinking from mostly playing tanky ap that chooses merc treds most of the time, that these new "tenacity" items that aren't merc treds, are going to make the dodge runes and the ninja tabis much more popular with the tanks, because I think if you go Dodge Seals, you have to also commit to 9/21(dodge tree)/0 and going for ninja tabi to near maximize your dodge%, right?

When you balance the bigger commitment to ip, runes, and masteries that dodge requires, versus choosing simple and easy CC reduction of the old merc treds, most people would prefer buy merc treds that come with the better MR versus Armor of ninja tabi with a small "chance" to even work as it should.

Domitan

05-16-2011

Dodge Seals are the most effective phys. damage reduction late game for any champ, though most commonly taken on tanks or tanky dps who dont need mana

a.k.a. not used for jungling but far from useless

Mejakallu

05-16-2011

I'm currently running dodge on my junglers and they let me manage (Bought these first for regular tanking as Shen before I got into jungling, now I have no IP . Overall, the damage reduction is roughly the same, but hugely inconsistent. Sometimes you'll block 3 blue golem hits in a row, other times you'll not get a single dodge during your jungle.

They're better for late game though, imo.

Koroshin

05-16-2011

can go dodge runes on any tanky dps or 1v1 assassin or laning tank char.... together with nimbleness it's free 10% movementspeed anytime you go near enemy creeps and chase your opponent away. so they are pretty good but i wouldn't get them for jungling. flat armor is best for jungling tbh

TsurugiHikari

05-16-2011

Dodges are purely chance so as everyone so far mentioned. Flat armor is your best bet. It'll keep you alive and allow you to jungle more safely than dodge.