3v3 Counter-Fiddles Tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosantos

05-15-2011

So, one of the joys I've recently discovered is 3v3, especially playing as Shaco; I like the guerrilla warfare aspect of the map in general, and his playstyle especially. I'm frequently in the top lane solo, and the one champ I seem to consistently do sub-standard against is Fiddlesticks. Usually at end-of-early to mid-game (still laning, mostly), I can do sneaky things (lay a JiTB to cover the enemy's retreat, deceive over a wall and pop ult) to either scare off or gank the enemy champ (I'm good about making sure not to push too far). With Fiddles, however, this doesn't work as well. His drain can take 1/3~1/2 my health (not that I run into it or anything), and if I try to use my double to kill him, he just drains it, making it useless, and making him hard to kill. Unless I get rid of him completely, he can re-fuel on my creeps, whereas I suffer heavy casualties even in the attempt. What's a good counter? I've been using things like Wit's End and Hexdrinker, but those usually aren't built at that stage in the game. Is there a way for me to dispatch of him without needing to call a teammate in for the gank?

Zoah733

05-15-2011

Cleanse and ignite? Cleanse to break his fear, and ignite to pop on him when he drains you?

Slavyzzz

05-17-2011

I play Fiddle a lot and i cannot think of any good advice to give you. I would put someone else up against him. Melee's in general are a bad match up because if he is going to out dps you with drain you have farther to run.

Mute Lunatic

05-17-2011

Learn his cooldowns terrify and silence have somewhat lengthy cds. If you can interrupt his Drain then he will go squish quickly. If you can't interrupt then have someone with a silence or stun go solo lane. If none of your teammates has these then rethink your composition.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2011

Any champion that can't interrupt his drain is going to have issues taking him down if that drain is capable of at least keeping up with your damage output. The cooldown starts when he casts it instead of when the channel ends, so if you can break it you'll have a second or two where he can't fight back effectively.

If you have the option, you can deceive when he begins to drain you to break it, giving you a small window of opportunity. Dropping a JitB at his feet right before he channels another one will help if he's not paying enough attention. That's about all Shaco can do, though, to counter drain without buying Exe Calling or packing Ignite. Keep in mind that casting your Clone won't break his channel, so don't rely on that for anything other than bonus damage during stages of drain downtime.

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-19-2011

I play as fiddlesticks, and I think that his drain and his E ability are awesome. However, fiddlesticks is vulnerable if you gank him, since his drain can only affect one target and makes him stand in one place for five seconds. Just watch out for his Q ability.

greenghostxe

05-20-2011

ive seen my friend play fiddles a lot (cuz its his main ) he usually pretends to be in danger and run back and then drain you. He gets his kills that way. Mabye a few stun and silence can help. just saying.

Matsumori

05-20-2011

Sadly for you shaco is a poor match for fiddle. Fiddles weakness is short range and squishyness, but shaco canonly counter that in mid to late game basically just out dpsing him, when drain is at max rank it cools down in the time it takes to finish channeling, your screwed if he gets max rank and you don't have the dmg to counter drain. As a melee champ with no stun all you can do is bait him into making a mistake. Wait till his mana is low then exhaust and ignite him, remembr ignite reduces healing

NŠitiBR

05-20-2011

I guess GP is the best counter for him.
He have an break-cc + heal;
Reduces the drain if he auto-attack;
and have PARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRLEYY hahahaha