LF karma build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TEEAHMAT TOOSDEY

05-15-2011

So I just started karma, my interest peaked by the mantra mechanic. I have enjoyed her very much, and am trying to figure out a build lil by lil. I don't like Leaguecraft. I've only ever found one guide on that side that was any good, so I don't actively check em, much less trust em.

My current build:
Masteries: 9 / 0 / 21 (2 floaters in expanded mind)
Runes: Red = MPen, Yellow MP5/level, Blue CDR/Level
I got way to much CDR in my build as I'm over the cap. I'm looking to rectify this by getting new blue runes.

Summoner spells: Ghost + Clarity
Start Item: Amplifying tomb.

Between Clarity, Yellow runes, and masteries i have enough Mana regen to play a fairly aggressive lane phase. Clarity also seems to be usefull to me through out an entire game as she feels to have mana issues.

Ability leveling: Soul Shield gets maxed first. I use this as my main harass tool, last hitting, and support ability. Then Spirit bond, as the slow / haste is amazing, and the heavenly wave last. I feel the heal is generally always weak in anything but clutch save situations which I like to avoid.

Core Items = Morello's, CDR boots, and Aegis. Those are what I am for most, unless I'm fed out the arse. I don't feel like AP is needed to be affective, so Morello's usually works fine.

So to anyone who actually plays her, is this fine? Do you have a better idea?

Legendaryratboy

05-15-2011

The items and masteries look good, and I do agree that you want to skip the CDR runes with her (since masteries +items gets you over the cap already fairly soon), but I have to disagree about heavenly wave; it's not an incredibly clutch ability like Wish, but rather a good constant heal you can pop with every other mantra stack (always keep one mantra on you if it's not absolutely necessary to use it in order to save/kill someone) in order to minimize the effect of their poking pre-teamfight, or maintain a push post-teamfight. Also, with Morellos a lvl 4 Shield+Lvl2 Wave will kill ranged minions and wraiths/wolves, giving you a very attracctive skill goal to reach. Personally I get spirit bond at lvl 4 and leave it in favor of Shield>Wave.

After your first three you can Get WoTA, it's another handy aura and the Spellvamp synergizes very well with your passive to give you emergency survivability (also to bait, but that's another story). In general her sugested items aren't that bad, you just have to choose the right ones according to the situation (and get Morellos). Also, if you do end up getting the Frozen Heart (because you just felt like having all the auras, ever) remember to switch out your Ionian Boots for Sorcerer's or Mercury's.

Also, on your starting item and summoner spells; If you switch out the Amp tome for Dorans Ring (or Meki, if you feel better with health pots) you don't really need clarity because by the time you go back you can get at least Fiendish Codex+boots 1 (assuming you last hit and don't ZOMG SPAM). Generally speaking you don't want to shield bomb too much because then you push and then you get ganked, and then your team rages; last hit with Auto Attacks as much as possible to conserve mana and keep the lane on your side, and that way you can switch clarity for Clarivoyance, Flash, TPort, or whatever your preference is. If you really want to play agressive and don't have to worry about ganks (no jungler for them, good team for you, etc) then you can keep clarity if you want.

MasqureMan

05-15-2011

Leaguecraft is a great resource because many of them don't care whether people find their builds "viable". You will find the next FoM on Leaguecraft every time. Scan enough and you will find a good build for ur champ, believe in it.

acosn

05-15-2011

1: You can treat HP as a mild AP boost because it provides a broader buffer to work with your passive. More HP means you can keep stable at lower HP percentages, granting more AP off your passive. I always at least try to get a soul shroud.

2: Karma likes Rabaddon's Deathcap. A lot. It might not be your first item, but it should be up there.

3: Deathfire Grasp. You're an AP character, unless you're so inept that you can't remember to use it there's no excuse for not having it. Plus between that and soul shroud you have 25% CDR. Runes and masteries can cover the rest.

4: If you can off-set it with runes and masteries, you can combo prudent spell casting and a mana manipulator into not needing clarity. I tend to prefer having clairvoyance.

LostRaider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-04-2011

I play tanky support mage, and it has proven to be quite successful in my play style.

I go: 9/0/21, clarity and flash. The summoner spells are flexible.

Some Core items:
1. I get Doran's Ring for her - Adds a nice amount of Hp for the lane, enough mana regen for her with clarity, and a little ap on the side. Consider selling it later to get the item you need.

2. Rod of Ages - HP, mana, AP. More HP is more survivability, always good, and can aid that passive.

3. CDR boots - Mantra up faster
or Sorcerer's Boots/Merc Treads if you won't need more CDR with your planed build.

4. Zhonya's Hourglass - Much needed survivability in armor, and more AP. Don't forget the active when they try to focus you.

5. Some form of MR.
-Aegis is sometimes enough.
-Spirit Visage is good with CDR, HP, MR, and improved heals.
-QSS is a very underrated item, providing very good MR much cheaper, useful if they have lots of AP and stuns.
-Abyssal Scepter adds good MR, more AP, and a good aura if needed.
-I'm not the biggest fan of BV, but if you really like it, go ahead.
(Cost vs need should be considered here).

6. and 7.(after selling Doran's Ring) Rarely get past this, but these are more situational items.

Other good items on her are
-Rylai's, but is more of a late game on her. Cost a lot compared to the other items she needs more imo.
-Guardian Angel is almost always a good pick.
-Will of the Ancients can be a very useful aura in certain cases.
-Sometimes it is useful to consider philospher stone, and it also can build into either Reverie, giving more CDR and an awesome active, or if you need tenacity, Eleisa's Miracle.
-Moonflair Spell Blade can also be used for tenacity if getting stunned a lot.
-Frozen Heart is also good on her if AD is giving you serious trouble and you still need CDR.
-Morello's Evil Tome
-Void staff if you are main AP and MR is becoming a serious problem.
-I am not as big of a fan of Deathcap on Karma. Sure it is good on a lot of champs, but lately I have been noticing the effects of Hourglass comming out on top.

Other picks are based off common sense, and situation.

I start off with her E shield, for protection and harass, and is also maxed out first.
Q and W leveling are situational more so. Q to heal and deal easy cone damage, and W for speed/slow.

Farming is easy on her, just need to use mantra shield E, and Q.

In teamfights, you want to shield the ones getting focused, speed/slow stuff, do decent AoE damage, maybe heal, and most importantly, discretion. You can save so many teammates that they will want to focus you, and that's where the survivability comes in.

Very fun champion to play.

Etherimp

06-04-2011

Keep the CDR Blues.. With CDR blues all you need is a 20% CDR item (Morellos, Frozen Heart, DFG) and it puts you up to 35% CDR, which is plenty.

As for build..I usually go with Sorc Boots, Mejais, Morellos, Deathcap, and then some survivability... Maybe Abyssal Scepter and Omen.

Dirge37

06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etherimp View Post
Keep the CDR Blues.. With CDR blues all you need is a 20% CDR item (Morellos, Frozen Heart, DFG) and it puts you up to 35% CDR, which is plenty.

As for build..I usually go with Sorc Boots, Mejais, Morellos, Deathcap, and then some survivability... Maybe Abyssal Scepter and Omen.
Agreed completely. If you take flat CDR blues, CDR mastery in Utility, and Morello's, you're at 20% + 5.89% (~6%) + 6% = 32%. With blue buff (I play a lot with friends, and none of them seem to play characters that really need this), you've hit the cap.

The four items I always try getting on her are: Morello's --> Merc Treads --> Rabadon's --> Rylais --> Defensive/Support items

This is an ideal situation. Often times I'll get an Hourglass instead of Rabadon's. Basically if it isn't an ideal situation, I end up putting Defensive/Support items right after Merc Treads.

RoyalBlue

06-08-2011

I've noticed that even by the mid game she can pretty effectively splat out creep waves is it worth it to get Warmogs? Or only if you only have really strong tank on your team? I haven't player her much but I've noticed from seeing her played if she can survive the initial burstings in a team fight that she can often escape with at least someone else in the team.