Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trouble with early game ryze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NickPham

07-20-2011

Quote:
Warrrrax:

I take the sapphire crystal and upgrade to a CATALYST, not tear! Catalyst gives you over 200 health and mana every 2 minutes or so which is HUGE, and it also increases your health significantly making it a lot harder to kill you.

Catalyst is more expensive by like 400. I prefer to get boots with my tear if I come back home with enough money for catalyst. It is indeed a great safe choice, but I paid the IP for flat mana so that I could be as abusive of a solo lane as possible, and even without the extra health, Ryze can trade hits pretty well.

Also, my philosophy with Ryze is to be a Tanky DPS that tunnels squishies. A fast Abyssal can make or break that because Spell Flux makes stacking flat reductions that much more impressive. My core usually extends like this: Abyssal>Hextech Revolver>Archangels>Will of the Ancients