Call-outs / quick request menu.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baccata

08-28-2009

Have you ever played Team Fortress 2 ? Something great in this game is when you want te be healed, you press a key and there's a call-out that appears upon your head. There should be something like this in LoL, but customizable. So during a fight, you could call for "STUN" or "SLOW" : it's quicker & more understandable than saying it on ventrilo/teamspeak, and it would make strategies easier to make in public games.

I also think about a "quick request menu" such as in World in Conflict or Battlefield 2. It's quite quick and it provides player with a way to request actions without having to "ask them" in the chat or with the VoiP. It really makes communication easier, especially when we don't speak the same language.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-28-2009

This would be fantastic.

A selection of popups for yourself, allies, or enemies.

Enemies: Target, disable, general ping.
Allies: Back, Help(me), Help(him), general ping.
Yourself: Heal, Buff, Follow(?), general ping.

DasiNF

08-29-2009

Seconded, I suggest the UX devs take a long hard look at how L4D automatic player reactions (such as "reloading", "stay still while I heal you" etc.) affect team work. Some indications on what your team mates are about to do without touching the chat and/or Vent would be great. There is already a way to assign targets, but how about more visible waypoints for team coordination in ganks or general orders like "fall back" and such?

I suppose this isn't a mission critical feature, but there's a lot of product value to be gained from making it easier to make a solid team from random people as games like L4D and TF2 prove.