Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

FPS Spikes (Pre and Post Patch) Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maltigor

07-10-2011

Got some FPS drop from 30 to 10-5 with the latest patch, i did not change anything on my computer for a while now, first time it appear, ive try a custom game with no fps drop...

No torrent, no scan, it not my cpu prob, it the patch or the compatibility of my cpu with the patch....

I share your pain

pls fix this

Vandry

07-11-2011

Having some FPS drop issues now too, nothing changed with my hardware or my software except for the new LoL patch.

deyrcs

07-11-2011

I would like to bump this as well, since the new patch my FPS has been spiking.

Kururuko

07-11-2011

Same thing.
Reinstalled a lots of stuff, updates drivers.
Same problem

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

07-13-2011

Hey guys! Since a lot of you have quite good computers and apparently a LoL patch started making you lag, then try this.

Download Ace Client - this is a client that is accepted by LoL and has NO Bugs (or so it says). It has quite a few addons that may help your performance or help interface annoyance.

Here's the website: http://adf.ly/25cDV
Here's the download place if you can't navigate there: http://adf.ly/25cCy

Dalrus

07-14-2011

bump, no riot post?

Leroy Anderson

Recruiter

07-17-2011

They posted once but after I gave a reply, they didn't have any more posts. =/

King Kanga

07-17-2011

friendly bump since i am too having this problem since the last 2-3 days....

WongKaiYing

08-20-2011

Here's the situation that I did to determine the problem. I don't know if people are still having the problem but here is my assumption. This might take some time but here goes.

I did everything I could to free as much ram, computer usage
I used game booster, advanced system care tools....This increased fps
I set everything to high performance in graphics, battery and lowered settings to windows 7 features
I ran the program with speed fan in the background to check temps.
At the beginning of the game my PC ran around 60C but was running smoothly.
I Ctrl+Alt+Del and end process lol client, launcher and continued to play. The fps spikes still occurred. I looked at the temp of the computer and it was running 80C. and they started to happen a lot more often.

Therefore I believe a good amount of the problem could be the fact that some laptops and computers fans might not be cooling the components of the computer. I will be getting a laptop cooler to see if this helps the situation and report back when that is tested.

Kurindal

08-20-2011

Quote:
WongKaiYing:
Here's the situation that I did to determine the problem. I don't know if people are still having the problem but here is my assumption. This might take some time but here goes.

I did everything I could to free as much ram, computer usage
I used game booster, advanced system care tools....This increased fps
I set everything to high performance in graphics, battery and lowered settings to windows 7 features
I ran the program with speed fan in the background to check temps.
At the beginning of the game my PC ran around 60C but was running smoothly.
I Ctrl+Alt+Del and end process lol client, launcher and continued to play. The fps spikes still occurred. I looked at the temp of the computer and it was running 80C. and they started to happen a lot more often.

Therefore I believe a good amount of the problem could be the fact that some laptops and computers fans might not be cooling the components of the computer. I will be getting a laptop cooler to see if this helps the situation and report back when that is tested.

What ended up solving the issue for me was tilting my laptop back just a little bit. Now to explain for a second, I did buy an external laptop cooler, and it works fine. My laptop's fan, as expected, is underneath. But not enough of the hot air was escaping so I had to set something up so that my laptop is now slightly tilted backwards I still have occasional lag spikes, but nowhere near what it used to be.

TL;DR: Make sure there is absolutely no obstruction for your fan, even if it's a minor one.