Scoreboard emphasizing wrong stats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Logo

08-28-2009

Right now from a UI perspective the easiest things to notice when bringing up the scoreboard are Champions on your team and their k:d and status. For the opposing team it's easiest to notice their hero type and K;D. This is kind of backwards to me. I think the scoreboard screen should emphasize the following (in order)
1. Who's alive on the other team and how long are dead players dead for. This is the single most important piece of information from the scoreboard and its also one of the smallest bits of text on it.
2. Team K : D it's kind of tucked away in the corner but it's probably the 2nd most important piece of information you can get on the scoreboard.
3. Then comes individual K : D

Cuck

08-30-2009

Agreed. In addition, I often use the number of buildings destroyed on each side as a mental scoreboard, but I haven't noticed any way these numbers are exposed in the UI, so I end up counting them by hand. K/D ratios are important, but you can be winning there and still lose the match.

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-31-2009

There are a few bugs with the death time, also. Often it says I'm alive when I've still got ~15sec of death left. Also sometimes it will say ~10sec till respawn and I'll suddenly appear.

Admonished

08-31-2009

Ive noticed that vs bots sometime the character portraits come up as all Annies.

Digitalneo

08-31-2009

This is a good point, I tend to focus on my and others peformance based on kills/deaths (not so much asssists), but perhaps that is old DotA thinking, because in this game, one or two inhibitor down is basically a almost garanteed win.

So yes, I agree that we should focus on buildings as equally as k/d/a.

Codfish

08-31-2009

I think some sort of creep-stats indicator would be useful, for example, at the end of the game, it'd be nice to check to see how various players performed last-hitting and farming in addition to K : D R.