Crafting a Better Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamochawoke

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodin View Post
Where are the boots?
3 Phantom Dancers means you don't need boots as you'll be moving faster than with them anyways.

I also have maxxed CDR runes. I never noticed the need for the CDR in-game with the runes honestly.

I did find a better overall build for Kayle, going AP first then going straight hybrid/as items last. It makes her early game actually tolerable and you'll more than likely get alot of nice kills early on. I'll keep my items secret now until I test it a bit more then I'll probably post them too for feedback.

The reason I got Gunblade in the 1st slot is I had Vampiric Sceptre in there first. Kayle really benefits from some lifesteal for her overall survivability, especially in the early game. I finished it out as my last item because the spell vamp and active are just gravy then.

Ironically, I soloed a Yi and a Tryndamere with the build in the OP so all the people hating on PD'ers because I wasn't one of those 2 champs are kind of lol. But honestly I didn't build the PD'ers for the crits but the movespeed and the attack speed. Swapping one out for Nashor's would be a good idea and another for say Berserker's boots (or Ionian if I swapped to attack speed runes instead of CDR runes) wouldn't be bad either. Thanks for the idea.

Pwnacus Maximus

05-15-2011

You don't, untill she gets buffed. And unless she changes drastically after that buff, the best build on her will always be guinsoos, nashors, gunblade ad infinitum.

Ghost13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-15-2011

Okay a few things, why all the phantom dancers?
Also you have two snowballing items, don't you think thats overkill? You are taking a serious penalty should you die, and without any life, armor, mr items you are going be dieing.
Without any mana regen or cdr how do you expect to farm all of those nice items?

Kayle is super mana hungry, so for runes i use magic pen marks, mana regen seals, and ap/lvl glyphs and quints.

Masteries i go your standard 9/0/21

for summoner spells i take ignite and ghost.

i start with a doran's ring, (by lvl 2 i can heal myself, so mana is just as good as life, almost)

take Q first, with kayle's passive her early game hits are quite powerful.

first trip back to base should be able to afford boots and a second doran's ring.
Now you need a rageblade. Nothing compares to this for Kayle, if the rageblade isn't in your build you are doing something wrong. It synergizes perfectly with her passive.

Now I'll get a fiendish codex, because honestly Kayle could use more mana regen at this point.

Grab a BV next, it will keep the disables off of you so you can get your ult off.

Finish the Nashors Tooth next. Now we just need to get her damage into endgame status, I waffle between the gunblade and the bloodthirster. End game Kayle can fill a bloodthirster quite swiftly but having two slows is nice as well.

Thats how i play my Kayle anyway.

malphismia

05-15-2011

lols she benefits from AD and AP, you're building AS and Crit. that's why you're getting downvotes.

she needs some AS, but you get that on items that give her AP or AD, like Nashors (AP/AS), Black Cleaver (AD/AS), or Guinsoo's Rageblade (AS/AD/AP)

Jamochawoke

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost13 View Post
Okay a few things, why all the phantom dancers?
Already explained, but as I said I'm also open to relevant alternatives.

Quote:
Also you have two snowballing items, don't you think thats overkill?
No. I actually thought about grabbing Leviathan as well for HP instead of the 3rd phantom dancer. As Kayle, you should be speed buffing/healing/ulting your teammates as often as possible. It's almost impossible to go under 15 stacks if you had a good early game. With 15 stacks you will be sitting at around 300 ad and 300 ap just from those two items.

Quote:
You are taking a serious penalty should you die, and without any life, armor, mr items you are going be dieing.
If you can't keep at least 12-15 stacks on those items you might be doing it wrong...

Quote:
Without any mana regen or cdr how do you expect to farm all of those nice items?
Last hitting?

If you are worried about the end game, that's what the gunblade is for (lifesteal, spellvamp, and the PD'ers haste keeps you alive so long as your E is running in a teamfight).

Although I do like your build. It's exactly how I used to build my Kayle a while back.

Jamochawoke

05-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRED View Post
lols she benefits from AD and AP, you're building AS and Crit. that's why you're getting downvotes.

she needs some AS, but you get that on items that give her AP or AD, like Nashors (AP/AS), Black Cleaver (AD/AS), or Guinsoo's Rageblade (AS/AD/AP)
Actually my build in the OP will net you ~300 AD and ~300 AP, as I mentioned.

The attack speed and lifesteal/spellvamp keeps you alive and applies more on-hits fo your E for the duration.

malphismia

05-15-2011

What are you talking about........you only get that AP and AD if you manage 20 stacks on Mejais and 20 stacks on occult.

If you got that amount of kills/assists to get 40 stacks, you would've won the game regardless of what items you bought. Your build is a joke to be honest, and it's not realistic. 3 Phantom dancers, 2 fully stacked mejais and SoTo.

Jamochawoke

05-15-2011

Wrong.

Her passive provides extra AD for AP and extra AP for AD.

1 assist provides 1 stack for mejai's and occult. A kill provides 2 stacks. That's 2 for an assist and 4 for a kill. Now think about how it works with her passive.

See how it works now? Don't believe me? Try it out.

malphismia

05-15-2011

How am I wrong still? Any build that depends on getting stacks is not a dependable build. Did you come to the forums to take advice for a better build or to defend your current build?

Jamochawoke

05-15-2011

Listen. When you have an idea, you defend it because not everyone is going to like it. If it gets proven totally wrong then you redo the idea. No harm, no foul. It's just an idea. Especially if it's a game.

Don't get your panties in a twist because people take advice with a grain of salt.

I've specifically mentioned that there is room for improvement in the build and that I have also come up with a better build for Kayle as well. I even conceded that Nashor's Tooth would be a good replacement for one of the PD'ers.

Now, sitting there basically going "your build is dumb, you are dumb, listen to me and use my specific build or don't come for advice" is really childish, no?

I asked advice for THAT specific build. The build is based around snowballing items. Yes, it can work and often does. If you have a poor start though, you're better off going to another build.

It's situational.