Crafting a Better Kayle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamochawoke

05-14-2011

Ok so my stricly AD Kayle was just "ok" but I found like most champs she was easily countered by armor until you get Last Whisper. I also found the strength of Kayle to be that, like Teemo and Jax, she is one of the few hybrid champs whose damage comes from both physical and magical sources while just auto attacking.

I had put down Kayle for a while but decided to try her again. I went with AP/AS which was decent but you ended up being more of a battle-support and she's much too squish for that role and fills it kind of poorly. Janna/Karma/Sona are much better for the role.

So I played around with my builds in normal games and found one which works really really well but depends on how safe you play.

--- Hextech Gunblade
--- Mejai's Soulstealer
--- Sword of the Occult
--- Phantom Dancer
--- Phantom Dancer
--- Phantom Dancer

If you're doing really well I've found this to be the best build for Kayle so far. However, if you are failing in th laning stage or mid-game this build will also kind of fail you.

Any suggestions?

Azaer

05-14-2011

Just gunna throw it out there that I've had good results with RoA, the health has allowed me to tank a few fights and if you're putting your points in Q the AP makes it a monsterous combo with her E (I've bursted an Ashe to half health with Q+two RF autos).

You know, concerning the "too squishy" thing.

Jamochawoke

05-14-2011

So if I toss RoA in there, what should I replace?

Jamochawoke

05-14-2011

I'd seriously like some feedback on this build and not just random downvotes. It works well, but I just have this feeling it could do so much better.

Harbin

05-14-2011

More than one phantom dancer is far too many unless you're Yi, Tryndamere, or Yi.

RushSecond

05-14-2011

I do CDR/AP/AS Kayle.
9/21/0 masteries. It's counter-intuitive but ardor is amazing for this build and all that defense means you can go mostly dps items and still survive.

Nashor's Tooth
CDR Boots
Rylai's
Malady
Rabadon's
w/e else (A new tenacity item maybe?)

Azaer

05-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayis View Post
So if I toss RoA in there, what should I replace?
Well, I have no idea really. My build goes RoA>boots>Nashors. Maybe put off hextech a bit by grabbing PD right after boots and then hextech?

iP1ayJarvan

05-14-2011

big big big big big big big weakness..... NO CDR ON KAYLE????

Kayle desperately needs CDR, save at least 2 slots for them (Nashors + a 15% something if you dont have runes/masteries up to 15%, youmuu's if you're that interested in AD kayle but i'd advise getting it from runes). PD is **** on kayle, if you go the utility tree+your spammable W after max CDR, you'll have 433 MS with boots 2, dont need 3 PD

Khranz

05-14-2011

This looks like a really good build... for stomping Bots.

Elodin

05-15-2011

Rageblade and Nashor's Tooth are very good for Hybrid Kayle

3 Phantom Dancers is a waste of money. Nashor's Tooth is a more powerful way to get attack speed, the only other stat you'll get is crit, and that's not really worth almost 3k

Two snowball items is a massive risk, especially for a champion that is already powerful late game anyway.

Hextech Gunblade is pretty good in my opinion, but it doesn't need to be built first since she has a slow with Reckoning. Don't get me wrong, the stats and the active are great, but she can hold off on it until she has Rageblade and Nashor's

Where are the boots?