HP vs HP/lvl

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

budd

08-28-2009

I cant seem to find the thread a while back explaining the pros and cons. I think its gone by now so if anyone has it or knows where to find it let me know please. Or if you can give me the quick rundown, would be most helpful. Thanks.

Atmosfear

08-28-2009

I take it you are referring to runes. I haven't read this supposed guide to HP runes so I can't comment on the content of that post.

The Pro I see of having straight HP runes is for early game survivability whether laning or jungling. The con would be that once you've gotten past mid game the runes are fairly useless since the benefit is fixed.

The pro of using HP/lvl runes would be that they scale until you are 18, providing you with a lot more HP compared to fixed HP runes. Con would be that you will see less of a benefit early on until you've acquired a few levels.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Marks/Glyphs with static +HP give you about 4. HP@18 Marks/Glyphs give you 14.

Seals with static +HP give you about 9, while the @18 Seals give you 23.

Quintessences with static +HP give you 40, @18 about 55.

In every area but quintessences, @18 runes are a clear winner. There's no reason to ever use the static HP runes in those areas.

The benefit of statics is that they're powerful up to about level 4. Then they're completely useless.

Suminon

Master Recruiter

08-29-2009

I use a static hp build on one of my books with taric. Plus 253 hp at the very beginning so i get my edge quick. Saved me a bunch of times and allows for alot more tanking and alot more kills. Late game tho I don't find the HP per level runes would make that big of a difference since I rarely get away or really have to get away.

Ensign

08-29-2009

In principle the flat +health runes would be better early game for survivability in the lane, while +health/level runes give extra oomph when the team fighting starts later in the game. However the balance between the sets is not very good ATM so the choice between the two sets is pretty simple in most cases.

Quintessences: 3 Fortitude Quints are worth 122 health; 3 Vitality Quints are worth 169 health at level 18. The Vitalities do not catch up to the Forts until level 13. There is no particularly good reason to give up the big early game health boost for an extra 47 health late game here. Run the Vitality Quints here every single time.

Yellow Seals: Fortitudes give 60 health; Vitality gives 202 at 18; Vitalities pass Fortitudes at level 6. I think you can legitimately run Fortitudes here if you really really need some extra early health, but the Vitalities are a lot more powerful. They catch up to the Forts very quickly and peak so much higher.

Red Marks: 39 from Forts, 121 from Vitality. The ratio is very similar to the Seals, and you probably want the Fortitudes. But really red has such strong attack runes that you should really just use those.

Blue Glyphs: 121 from Vitality again, but only 30 from Fort. Use Vitality if you really want health in this slot.

Short version: +health from Quints, +health/level from anything else; the ratios are sufficiently imbalanced that there's little reason to run the others.

budd

08-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
In principle the flat +health runes would be better early game for survivability in the lane, while +health/level runes give extra oomph when the team fighting starts later in the game. However the balance between the sets is not very good ATM so the choice between the two sets is pretty simple in most cases.

Quintessences: 3 Fortitude Quints are worth 122 health; 3 Vitality Quints are worth 169 health at level 18. The Vitalities do not catch up to the Forts until level 13. There is no particularly good reason to give up the big early game health boost for an extra 47 health late game here. Run the Vitality Quints here every single time.

Yellow Seals: Fortitudes give 60 health; Vitality gives 202 at 18; Vitalities pass Fortitudes at level 6. I think you can legitimately run Fortitudes here if you really really need some extra early health, but the Vitalities are a lot more powerful. They catch up to the Forts very quickly and peak so much higher.

Red Marks: 39 from Forts, 121 from Vitality. The ratio is very similar to the Seals, and you probably want the Fortitudes. But really red has such strong attack runes that you should really just use those.

Blue Glyphs: 121 from Vitality again, but only 30 from Fort. Use Vitality if you really want health in this slot.

Short version: +health from Quints, +health/level from anything else; the ratios are sufficiently imbalanced that there's little reason to run the others.
yea thanks i sat down and looked at them and realized the Quins for +hp were too strong to pass up