Items on Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aegic

05-13-2011

Okay so this is a partial vent and partial search for wisdom.

I usually start with Sapphire Crystal and will either get basic boots and then create a Tear of the Goddess or just get the tear first.

Then I build Ionian boots followed by,
-Evil Tomb
-Void Staff (if team is tanky)
-Archangel
-Zhonyas Hourglass
-Deathcap

I just played a game where my team asked me to mid against Vlad, which I did since I am a team player.

I held in there, and almost killed vlad two times before he hit level 9. By then I was hurting pretty badly for mana and had only boots and a tear with around 30 minion kills while he had 50.

Our team started to lose pretty bad, and the whole time I had a wild Garen on my team who CONSTANTLY complained about how he couldnt believe I had a tear and how its such a bad item for me and how fail I am.

Did I go wrong somewhere? The Vlad post game stated how I gave him alot of trouble early game.

Narvuntien

05-13-2011

Ionia boots
Deathcap
Morrelo's
Spellblade
Zhonya's hourglass.
Lichbane

Summoner spells: Clarity, Ghost.

Yeah I don't really like Tear on Lux... but I have to run Clarity because of mana problems early... It is mostly because she is best just stacking AP... since she stays at the back of a fight... I do reckon I might be able to handle clairvoance ghost... it is just that clarity can actually save Lux, with her amazing snare.

I think you got too much CDR early and not enough AP... and you ended up spamming your abilities too much and burning all your mana.

The thing with Lux is that she has a strong early game... but fades mid game... and goes back to supporting with her shield and snare... then late game you can spam your 24 sec laser.

You went for the CDR too early before she gained enough mana to handle it.

Sophyne

05-13-2011

I think you just spammed too much is all. You must've had to to almost kill that Vlad two times.
It's better to get AP and mana regen before CDR, though.

I use:
Doran's Ring
Sorc Boots
Philo
Morello's
Rabadon's
Upgrade to Shurelia's
Haunting Guise
Sell Doran's for Void Staff

Decent AP, a ton of mpen, a good chunk of health, an active that when combined with your spells should make you uncatchable and provide a nice speed boost to your team every minute.

SleepThieff

05-13-2011

I want to start off by saying i have a lot of experience with lux. i'm not telling you to use these items, but i have found these items to work best in the many games i have played with her.

Here are a few rules of thumb i recommend:

First: tear is not good on her. Simply because her cd's are too long and u cannot spam enough spells to make it worth it. She is not like karthus or sona who both have low mana, low cd spells. do not get tear. You are lux, not karthus or sona.

Second: I recommend starting with SORC BOOTS FIRST. this way, you have a lot more damage early-mid game. Once u get into late game (30+ min mark) sell sorc boots and buy CD boots. Also, early cd boots will run you out of mana too fast. Early game you cannot support this item.

List of items i recommend:

Morello's Evil Tome

Void Staff - once u get void staff, this is generally your que to switch from sorc boots to cd boots

Chalice of Harmony - If you like to spam your spells and play super aggressive, i really recommend this item, it is worth it. It is not for all players, but if it fits your play style, try it out.

Deathcap, Hourglass

Here is a sample build:
Start - Meki Pendant + 2 health potion
First trip back : get Chalice plus rank 1 Boots
Second trip back: Sorc Boots
Build Morellos
then any late game item u like (deathcap,hourglass,voidstaff, and eventually switching to cd boots).

Hope this helps. cheers.

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-14-2011

This is the lux guide ive had the most success with

Aegic

05-19-2011

I have tried taking alot of these item builds and tried to work with them, however without a tear it does not seem to fit my play style. I like to be able to more or less spam my abilities and keep pressure on the other team. The early tear and early CD helps alot with that.

It helps my team alot when I can snare often and shield often and not have to worry about mana. This leaves other players who are carrys to get the blue buff. I have had a couple of games that lasted 50+minutes to where I was able to get over 1000 damage ults every 23 seconds or so, which also helps press and harass the other team.

I appreciate everyones feedback!

Saint Athena

05-19-2011

Thought I'd add my build in here. I can't remember where I found this build but I absolutely love it. I've had a couple people say my build sucks in game...but there the ones failing all over & generally are just being pissy. I start off with an amplifying tomb & a health pot. this makes it a lot easier to harass the **** out of them to start off. then lane till you can can immediately buy sorcerers boots. now you have mag pen. then build your tomb to a guise. Now you have a lot of pen. I've had people say void staff is better blah blah blah & it is..buuut guise you can get faster & cheaper & it make a HUGE difference during that early/mid stage of game. Your now a beast. Immediately build Rabadon's Deathcap & then finally a deathfire grasp. For your mana regain problems make sure you putting mana regain in your masteries. I use ap, armor & magic pen runes. If you midding I would suggest teleport & clarity. if side teleport & whatever else you choose. teleport & clarity make u lane for a loong time.. over kill maybe..but why do you need ignite, exhaust or ghost..you got a huge f'kn beam to snipe them. Anyways goodluck on your lux

Narvuntien

05-19-2011

AP + CDR basically

Ionia boots
Deathcap
Morrello's evil tome
Zhonya's or banchee's viel
Lich bane.

I do need to try the Philostone or Haunting guise rush methods.. because I can see them working... I might get a miracle rather than a revivie though.. I run ghost so I have a speed boost already.

Summoner Spells: Clarity, Ghost.

if you having mana problems Clarity is your solution.
Mid game, early team fight situations you will mostly be supporting and that clarity will help the team.

Late game it is all about the laser. Early game you dominate.

gom99

05-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegic View Post
Okay so this is a partial vent and partial search for wisdom.

I usually start with Sapphire Crystal and will either get basic boots and then create a Tear of the Goddess or just get the tear first.

Then I build Ionian boots followed by,
-Evil Tomb
-Void Staff (if team is tanky)
-Archangel
-Zhonyas Hourglass
-Deathcap

I just played a game where my team asked me to mid against Vlad, which I did since I am a team player.

I held in there, and almost killed vlad two times before he hit level 9. By then I was hurting pretty badly for mana and had only boots and a tear with around 30 minion kills while he had 50.

Our team started to lose pretty bad, and the whole time I had a wild Garen on my team who CONSTANTLY complained about how he couldnt believe I had a tear and how its such a bad item for me and how fail I am.

Did I go wrong somewhere? The Vlad post game stated how I gave him alot of trouble early game.
I'm not a big fan of tear of the goddess on Lux. AA is more of a late game carry item. Lux is most devastating at early levels. To deal with people like vlad (people with good harass) you need lane sustainability. You get that with stuff like Philo Stones.

Something I posted in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself
Getting CDR boots destroys your midgame. All early CDR does is make you run out of mana quicker. Sorc shoes makes you a devastating poke champ early to mid game.

Summoners: Flash/Ghost or Exhaust

Runes: MPen / Mp5 / APlvl / Flat AP Quints

Core Items:
Sorc Shoes, Deathcap, 1-2 Philo stones

Skilling
If mid: E -> Q -> E -> W
if lane: Q -> E -> E -> W

After that R -> E -> Q -> W

If you feel you need more shied get it to 2 or 3 sooner if you like.

Build:
Regen Pendant + hp pot
Philo stone 1
T1 Boots
Philo stone 2
Sorc Shoes
NLR/Blasting
Deathcap
Lichbane/DFG
Void staff/Hourglass/Banshees/Quicksilver

Reasoning
The philostones help keep you in the lane farming so you get your stuff quicker. It also allows you to use your abilities more liberally and makes you virtually not harassable (a big issue for Lux). Since you get them early most games they end up making you money by the 20 minute mark or so. I usually complete Deathcap by 19-25.

Lichbane or DFG? Lichbane if it's safe to follow up with an auto attack or you need to wreck towers. Otherwise get DFG.

Void staff, Hourglass, Banshees, QSS? Hourglass if you're being focused heavily, you'll probably want void staff after hourglass anyway. Banshees or Quicksilver if there are some ranged stuns that are getting you. I usually get QSS vs. Amumu, Veigar and things like that.

Leonixxiii

05-20-2011

Like you I'm a Lux player from the kingdom of spam-allot...

The Tear is a nice item, but I can tell yo once you hit 20, and get some of those nice T3 + MRegen runes + Masteries the Tome, and Chalice will be all you need to stay on top.

You may go oom once or twice, but the Chalice lets you rebound very quickly, and leaves your build 2K lighter to build other stuff earlier like the Deathcap.

My Build is...
Start:
Meki+2xHPots

Core:
Chalice-S.Shoes-F.Codex-N.L.Rod

After that its just a matter of choosing, and what order to build the M'sE.Tome-B'sVeil-Deathcap-M.S.Blade-V.Staff-E'sMiricle in...

L.Bane, and the M.S.Stealer are both good picks as well, but I don't play aggressively enough to support buying them myself, but they could work for you.

Z'sHourlass is sweet too, but I'm a forgetful one so I tend to skip that as well, but if you can remember it, its a powerful life saver.