Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Does the Champion Name Interest You?

Yes, I found the name intriguing and I'd like to learn more about him. 4 66.67%
No. I'd rather not learn more about this character, since his name's bad enough as it is. 2 33.33%
Voters 6 .

Checking A Champion Name

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irongrinder

05-13-2011

I'm making a champion (what else is new?).

Rather than deliver an incomplete draft here for your perusal, I'll ask a simple question.

Currently, the name of the champion is Njord, the Lord of Navigators.

Does this name interest you in the slightest?

Lance Eliot

05-13-2011

Only in the sense that I cannot by any means imagine what a "Lord of Navigators" would do in League.

Irongrinder

05-13-2011

Quote:
LyallEverard:
Only in the sense that I cannot by any means imagine what a "Lord of Navigators" would do in League.

I set up the poll, so you can vote now.

I admit, I was originally going to reboot the "Iron Engineer," a champion who had been abandoned (much like the Plant King or Renekton) but I decided against it, choosing to go a more unorthodox route.

Irongrinder

05-14-2011

The lack of response is dismaying. CLEAR! ZAP!

Icraig33

05-14-2011

I personally care more about the abilities of the champions than the names of the champions

JGVariety

05-14-2011

Quote:
Icraig33:
I personally care more about the abilities of the champions than the names of the champions

This.

But to be 'on topic', the only thing I don't like about the name is the name itself. Njord just sounds....weird.

Irongrinder

05-14-2011

Quote:
JGVariety:
This.

But to be 'on topic', the only thing I don't like about the name is the name itself. Njord just sounds....weird.

In honesty, I'm still tweaking the abilities to make them both balanced and unique. I just wanted to see if the community would be interested in this champion by name alone.

I selected Njord because...well, it's the name of a Norse god of the seas. Navigator...ocean...you get the drift.

proXc

05-14-2011

Norjed? Nordaj? Nordam? Jord? Klamai (climb high)? Montain (mountain)?
General P. Finder (general path finder)?

proXc

05-14-2011

Navigators don't just navigate seas dude... they navigate on helicopters, planes, mountain climbing, jungles and forests, seas, etc.
Anyone that knows how to use a map the best, and has collective knowledge of the terrain, is a navigator...

proXc

05-14-2011

S'Aylon Ward (sail onward)