items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trek

08-28-2009

I am a new player, just wanted to know the item suggestion the game gives are they the best way we can go?

Lollerman

08-28-2009

Not at all; they simply work to complement the champion's abilities and clue you in on the type of champion they are.

Aura items are mostly found on supportive champions, where as straight out damage on DPS, AP on casters, HP/Def/MR on tanks, so on and so forth.

You can get any item on any champion should the situation calls for it; for example, against a caster intensive team you may want to opt for magic resistance, despite the lack of such a suggestion. Almost everybody gets a Wyrmog's late-game to survive, but hardly any champion's recommended items suggests it.

Depending on your build, you could opt for different items as well.

Logo

08-28-2009

Generally the recommend items aren't the best build but the easiest build. They also don't account for current changes in balance. For instance right now stacking HP is the way to go but many recommend builds don't account for that.

They're also flat out wrong for some heroes and will suggest inappropriate items (Physical DPS on Teemo for example).

Mr Tibbers

08-28-2009

I wouldn't blindly follow them. :/
Zilean's item suggestions are almost entirely based on cooldown, though guess what? CD can only go down at most by ~40%, making getting anything more than that useless. I'm almost positive that it suggests more than that too. :/

Mr Tibbers

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo View Post
They're also flat out wrong for some heroes and will suggest inappropriate items (Physical DPS on Teemo for example).
I wouldn't say so. It's just an alternate build to teemo, one that can work well.