Leveling up?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobley

05-13-2011

I'm level 16 now and realize I can no longer level up quickly from doing Co-Op Vs. AI.
I've been meaining Ezreal, I recently changed my tactics a bit and got almost 40 kills in beginner.
Whenever I try to PvP or Intermediate however to practice at a higher level up play.. I get wrecked.

I've gone from ~30-40 kills in Beginner to 0 kills in Intermediate or PvP.

I feel like Ezreal is really lacking without masteries and runes or something.
I've done my best to read up on what to do. I've read different guides, asked people what items to build, etc.

What did you level 30s do to get where you are now?
Is Ezreal much better at level 30?
Am I doing something horrifyingly wrong?

All of my good games on Beginner with Ezreal, I was using the recommended item build:
Doran's, Ionian Boots, Manamune, Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Last Whisper, then dropping Doran's for Infinity Blade.

I'm currently using level 1 runes, I'm level 16, and I've been using mostly Support masteries to keep his mana up so I can use Ezreal's skills more often.

I've realized AD Ezreal is likely not so much about auto-attacking but spamming painful Mystic Shots.

I apologize if my tone is complaintive but I've gotten so frustrated hitting this wall.
I know Ezreal has a huge learning curve but he's my favorite champion and I want to main him. I genuinely appreciate any help that can be given. I don't like being a burden to my team-mates.

Epsilon2012

05-13-2011

Quote:
Whenever I try to PvP or Intermediate however to practice at a higher level up play.. I get wrecked.
This is why leveling up in Coop vs AI only SEEMS like a good idea...
-If you want to do well in Normal Games, play them...and you'll get better eventually...

-Real people don't run away after an auto-attack like the bots do early levels

White Mongoose

05-13-2011

if your still a low level the other people proably dont have any runes or masteries either. Stop playing against bots there only going to make you a worse player once you have the basics down. A large part of this game is figuring out how people play and use different champions and once you can figure out how to disrupt their flow you will start getting kills again.

Tobley

05-13-2011

I don't auto-attack to harass champions as Ez, i always mystic shot because of the range so i can typically have them have less health than myself.

StyrTW

05-13-2011

you should only ever play co op vs ai if you:

1) want an easy first win of the day

other than that, you are simply diluting your skill playing against bots that are easily outsmarted by most people (bots can be easily baited along with a host of other problems and only reinforce bad playing styles). playing against people is the only way to truly improve your skill.

bots = bad habits

edit: as a carry, you need to be very good at last hitting. practice in a custom game until you can get 5/6 of every wave. your goal is 90-100 cs by 10-11 minutes. go! farming makes or break a carry and sometimes you need tons of CS when your ganks arent guaranteed like they are with bots