Master Yi needs Meditate changed with something more appropriate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hedgehog

08-28-2009

Perhaps Meditate could have the healing numbers reduced a bit at the higher levels (150/300/450/600/750) and if Yi successfully channels a full Meditation he could be given some kind of stat buff for a short duration like increased magic resistance.

That way it could be used as an opener that will patch up your scrapes and bruises before going in.

EDIT: Thinking of it though I still wouldnt even consider my suggestion over Alpha Strike or Wuju Style.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

08-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
At the moment I think Master Yi is where he needs to be, he has great mobility, damage and farming at the cost of having a disable, decent health and direct buffs for his team however the thing that bugs me about him is Meditiate.

This ability is just awful for this character and in no way synergizes with his play style. Taking Meditate over Alpha Strike or Wuju Style at any point will gimp your killing and farming power.

For Meditate to even be of any use Yi has to be somewhere safe or he will be harrassed during channeling. This combined with the fact that Meditate has to be a decent level to restore a significant amount of health really makes this a bad ability for Master Yi.

I would rather see this ability changed with something that provides in combat survivability or something else more useful.

Opinions and comments?

Oh I see, so lets just replace meditate with a passive, where you revive everytime you die on a 10 minute cooldown. Everytime you kill a hero the cooldown is gone and you're off to another free revive. Think of it as a bonus for your ult where you can hunt people down without being slowed and you know what. Lets make his alpha strike cooldown 2 seconds. So he can be cloud and omni slash every 2 seconds like a true chinese hero should.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2009

Switch Meditate to a Passive Regen/Slight damage reduction, or Passive HP/Mana Regen, Active Increase Double Strike Chance (for something like 3-5 seconds)

Hedgehog

08-28-2009

I dont think he needs another passive ability. Meditation just needs to be something different than an out of combat heal.

Geddian

08-28-2009

Meditation fits his theme of a one-with-the-sword samurai, but it should do something with his damage, not his health. Have it channel, and the longer he channels the more damage his next attack within a number of seconds does. Meditate in the bushes then run out for damage, would make it a good early-game harass.

Johann

08-28-2009

Master yi is fine and i have fun with him everytime I play him . 2 or 3 points in meditate allow you to stay in your lan and to reach middle game when you begin to shine.

Meditate is fine .

pandamine

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Hell no, Yi actually needs meditate and it fits his playstyle very well

For one thing, the champion has no lane control whatsoever, Meditate is the only thing thats allowing him to be not outlaned by anything thats not another melee champion with no nukes

Secondly, it fits with his playstyle in the sense that often when Yi goes into to team battles to chop **** up, he loses a lot of health in the process. If you manage to kill someone in battle, you can run out, meditate to heal yourself and then run back in. Meditate is required on him since he has no defensive ability whatsoever (tryndamere has ultimate, jax has dodge) so Yi makes up for it by having a rapid heal ability that he can safely use outside of battle

Kendrael

08-28-2009

If you're playing Master Yi with anything else than Wuju Style/Meditation early on (boots plus 1/2 manapots in your bagpack) and survive it your enemies aren't doing a very good job.
The only scenario where alpha strike supports your farming is the one, where your enemy pinpoints you to your own tower hindering your lasthitting, but in most cases you can prevent that from happening.
There is no reason to value harassing your enemy over farming money with lasthits before you get at least your ultimate. If you start out with Wuju Style and Meditation (3/2 incase of low harassment potential on the enemy side, other way round if they're scary) you can pick up Alpha Strike with 7, which should come nearly at the same time as your first phage lands in your inventory (mostly you'll even have Berserker's Greaves ready too). Now you enter the phase of the game in which you can blow up 66% HP people by closing the gap with Alpha Strike followed by firing up your ultimate and Wuju Style and a final right click on your victim.

jokeeeer

08-28-2009

Personally I always max Meditation as early as possible. Its great for lane control and allows you to take more hits going in for last hits, it also scales really well in the early game and allows Yi to go in for kills and then heal up and stay on the line.

I do feel that it scales poorly lategame (since AP is a waste for offense) and would like to see something changed to make it more viable in combat late game. Perhaps stun immunity while you channel it?

Giandris

08-28-2009

eh, it's not good or bad... I don't use it very often since I get health regen > warmogs right away with Yi followed by zerker boots; bloodthirster; phantom D