Master Yi needs Meditate changed with something more appropriate.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hedgehog

08-28-2009

At the moment I think Master Yi is where he needs to be, he has great mobility, damage and farming at the cost of having a disable, decent health and direct buffs for his team however the thing that bugs me about him is Meditiate.

This ability is just awful for this character and in no way synergizes with his play style. Taking Meditate over Alpha Strike or Wuju Style at any point will gimp your killing and farming power.

For Meditate to even be of any use Yi has to be somewhere safe or he will be harrassed during channeling. This combined with the fact that Meditate has to be a decent level to restore a significant amount of health really makes this a bad ability for Master Yi.

I would rather see this ability changed with something that provides in combat survivability or something else more useful.

Opinions and comments?

Rev

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

I think if he had more survivability, we could end up with another Jax on our hands. He already does ridiculous amounts of damage mid to late game.

I always thought meditation helped him stay in the lane longer early game without buying health regen, but yes you do have to run back a ways or around a corner before using it. Admittedly, I don't play Yi very often. I've seen him played regularly however, and he doesn't seem to have too many problems.

Jesta1004

08-28-2009

As is Master Yi is one of the (maybe the) best DPS hero in the game and I think meditate does meash with him as a character. It can really help out early game if you are solo against 2 heroes or maybe an over aggressive one. I've managed to meditate within my own towers range while being attacked by them and still gaining health (meditate maxed). Yes its not the best build but just a different style of playing him.

As for what you would rather see it changed to, what would you recommend? He's already got insane attack speed, movement speed, and damage. If you gave him a slow or a dodge it would send him over the top (which he might already be).

PerfectionLost

08-28-2009

How about a passive hp regen?

PerfectionLost

08-28-2009

A smaller regen at the start would let him hang out near combat and fight early on--but not without risk. I find it incredibly annoying to have him do a blitz early on, and then run back to the tower to heal in 5 seconds.

Lollerman

08-28-2009

It helps you stay in lane... how is that bad? Yi tends to run around ganking/jungling a lot too, how else are you going to top up between lanes?

It's perfectly fine~ not taking at least 1 point of meditate would mean opting for HP pots for early lane staying, I've seen some push Yi's before with mana manipulators, they stay in the lane forever and farm with alpha easily... that's also completely viable.

Koslomac

08-28-2009

I put 3 points before level 6, it helps me stay in lane much longer and I don't need to buy HP regen items.

Gimpb

08-28-2009

It allows him to get by without a health recovery item, which is pretty darn nice.

Hedgehog

08-28-2009

Ive played Yi extensively and I never take Meditation.. Natural health regeneration is already quite high. The only thing Yi needs to start with is mana regeneration for Alpha spamming. Taking Meditation over Wuju/Alpha means youre going to be losing out on a lot of base damage, activation damage and initiation damage. Something that is required to kill anyone who isnt a tower diver.

Yi has abolustely no problem laning with Alpha spamming, even vs people harrassing while you have no health regeneration. As soon as Yi buys life stealing or anyone on his team does Meditation is suddenly outdated.

I dont want Yi to be buffed or nerfed, just have Meditation to be changed into something more fitting than it is now.

Having the ability to heal 500~ health over a few seconds isnt anywhere near as valuable as having 30 passive, 60 activation bonus damage.

Lendari

Adjudicator

08-28-2009

Yes meditate cant compete with the damage skills and needs to be remade. How about a passive that increases armor\mr\dodge?