Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A little bit of reality

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chainsstyle

05-13-2011

A good friend of mine plays as ASHE nearly every game up to level 26. I tried explaining to him that his build is pretty much ******ed:

He ends up with something like 2-3 philosophers stones, and is lucky enough to maybe be hitting 200 with 1.5 shots per sec by minute 35. I would just like to see if anyone is as firmly behind this build as he is. His idea is that he cares way too much about not dying as opposed to killing.

To put his dellusions in perspective he said he was "close to another ashe" yesterday while the other ashe was hitting 260 something at nearly 2 shots a second while my friend was at 147 with 1.3 shots a second. Please for my sanity explain to him the purpose of ashe and how to play them. It is getting to the point where I no longer want to hear his bs excuses and blame pointing on everyone other than himself. And yes I am going to send him this link. You figure hed understand when everyone in every game says "this ashe is terrible noob" etc... but he doesn't. Feel free to roast him.

vulpixel

05-13-2011

I assume ashe is the main damage source for your team. Once teamfights start happeneng (20 mins at latest) ashe has to start bringing the pain. If he needs a philo to last in lane for mins 5-15, fine (I wouldn't do it). But then it is IE, LW, and PD time.

It is nice to be able to defeat a squishy opponent in less than a few seconds. Doing 200 damage per second (once everyone has 1.5K+) will leave you CCd and/or dead long before you kill a single squishy.

TheCowGoes

05-13-2011

I play few carries, but I do know this much: the carry's job is to get as fed and scary as fast as humanly possible. I don't care how scary late game is for avarice blade stacking cait, you NEED to be useful now so that the team isn't a 4v5 until 45 minutes in. Having *one* money stacking item can be fabulous on a lot of characters, but anymore than that and you're losing (I've only seen one where a Poppy bought two philo stones early so she would always have mana for her Q, and as amazing as she was there are better options for other champs.).

Same goes with Doran's stackers. Standard builds work because the game was set-up that way. Knock riot all you want, for the most part they try very hard not to make one item so ungodly you can build a strat around only building that one item in all six slots.

TL;DR Build *a* philo stone if you think it really helps (I don't know how your ashe works), but you are limited to ONE before you start building scary junk. The scary stuff is what we're expecting, not the unkillable ashe.