How to play a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shroudedbypain

05-13-2011

I'm making this thread because I see so many tanks out there who do not understand their job.

Simply put, your job at the end of a team fight is to die. Now I'm not saying go and do something stupid that is going to get you killed, you want to be in the enemy carries faces zoning them out taking their damage. Stun them/Exhaust them/Pop them up/Push them away/Sometimes in the end game they're bad and build glass cannon and you can out right kill them. While doing this you don't want to stray away from your team, you should try to keep a tight formation because the odds are the team is following you during a fight so don't go running off chasing someone for a kill while the rest of your team gets aced. You need to protect them and die doing it. If it's between you and someone else, go smash your face at that mother ****er chasing you guys down and save your allies life or try to lead them off in a different direction. Also don't be a kill *****, yes it is awesome to go legendary on a tank but guess what, your legendary ass isn't going to carry the end game. Let your carries be the ones to get the kills when you have the choice but if it is obvious they will get away go ahead and finish the job. The reason you want to die in everyone elses place is because when you do your job protecting them they can go on legendary streaks themselves and snowball unlike you. This also demoralizes the enemy team and makes it easier and easier as the game goes on.

So just get out there and go die for your team like a real tank.

Just from an above average player speaking my 2 cents

qwaszy12

05-13-2011

HALT! This is the grammar police.

Shroudedbypain

05-13-2011

D: I wasn't too worried about grammar.

Terrorship

05-13-2011

Advanced tanking in LOL:

1. Rush some sort of non-tank items (Mana ****, cooldown ****, HP regen, etc.)
1.a. you also may want to get utility spec rather than defense, mp regen is important

2. Get poked before a team fight to about 1/2 health without doing anything in return
3. Initiate into their back line and get bursted in 2 seconds
4. Fill chat with "omfg you guys have to fight when I initiate!!"

hi i am angel

05-13-2011

The fact that you consider yourself an above average player without any merits means you aren't an above average player...

greedy lobster

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroudedbypain View Post

Just from an average player speaking my 2 cents
Fixed.

Also, this sounds like a rage/qq post. Why don't you try playing a tank for a change? Sounds like you have an awful lot of opinion centered around other players.

Shroudedbypain

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destawn View Post
The fact that you consider yourself an above average player without any merits means you aren't an above average player...
I feel that being a part of the top 10% makes me an above average player, but hey thats just me.

Shroudedbypain

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedy lobster View Post
Fixed.

Also, this sounds like a rage/qq post. Why don't you try playing a tank for a change? Sounds like you have an awful lot of opinion centered around other players.
Check my match histroy brah, just played Malph 4-3-15
Oh yeah, had an amumu game too but that didn't go well really bad team.

hi i am angel

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroudedbypain View Post
I feel that being a part of the top 10% makes me an above average player, but hey thats just me.
Hardly. Not to say you aren't better then me, but i consider myself below average. 1600 elo is about where the average players start...

Shroudedbypain

05-13-2011

Statistically top 10% starts at 1400. I'm ranked roughly 3000ish of 100k+ ranked players in the US so if you add the euro players assuming we have the same amount in the US and euro we're talking top 7%.