Easiest Ranged Character

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EternalShrubbery

05-13-2011

Lately I have been using Cait with a lot of luck. 18/1/7 14/2/9 and 14/3/4 are my last three games, all won. So I spent all my IP on vayne thinking she would be like a more interactive version. Well, I apparently still suck at this game because I have miserably failed every time with Vayne. I'm not looking for advice on ranged characters as to which I should get next. It's quite possble I will get Cait but I figured I would ask around before I saved up another 6300 ip just to play someone I can use for free the next week.

tl;dr. Any ranged characters (mage or DPS) with greater range than Cait or it easier to control a lane with?

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Actually...
Caitlyn has the highest attack range of all of the champions in the game. And if you know how to use her 3 traps, she probably has the highest lane control of any ranged carry, too.

EternalShrubbery

05-13-2011

Wasn't sure about the range but ya, the control is superb. Makes those skill shots impossible to miss with when they only have a small area to rush at. Thanks tho!

KPloggz

05-13-2011

Annie has longer range than Caitlyn, and Tristana's is even higher than both after her passive levels up some.

Also, Cass (mage-wise) has a veryyyy long range on her Q that can be abused for harass.

Mejakallu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Ashe's W is in some ways more reliable for dmg since the huge cone makes it much more difficult to miss if they're exposed.

MF's Make it rain and double up are also effective for making your opponent have a tough time with positioning, but they're both very mana intensive.

Zilean is also stupidly good at harassing because of his bombs and 55% speed buff. You just need to be careful of smarter foes that use your timebombs to dmg minions and pull the lane towards their tower.

Powerstoned

05-13-2011

you should get good at ashe, regardless. She can really do alot for a team all game long.

If you're REALLY good at skill shots, lux?

EternalShrubbery

05-13-2011

Thanks for the responses. I have Ashe too but just never much cared for her. Not sure why. I think I might check out Zilean. I love harassing people to no end haha.

Hotdogs

05-13-2011

cait has massive range and lane control if thats what ur looking for

TsurugiHikari

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotdogs View Post
cait has massive range and lane control if thats what ur looking for
It was mentioned earlier, hot.

Tristina only out-ranges Caitlyn after, I think, level 16 onwards. Before that, her range is lower than Caitlyn ranged throughout the match.

Reek

05-13-2011

Unorthodox, but if you're looking to just win your lane, Sona has one of the best early games in the game. Starts with 78 AD and 21 apen with the right runes/masteries and Q aura. She also heals herself, which most other solo laners can't do early game. So easy to win your lane it's stupid.