Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help with nunu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lysias

05-13-2011

So I just bought nunu to mess around with and I need some help. How should I build him if I want a tanky nunu and an ap nunu?

Lysias

05-13-2011

Those being two seperate builds. A tanky one and also an ap one

Aurasph

05-13-2011

Tanky Nunu should go for health, defense, resist, cdr, and aura items. AP Nunu should focus on AP, Magic Pen, and CDR. Regardless of which build, both should take Banshee's Veil.

Meph

05-13-2011

Your teammates will thank you if you spend a little time in practice games learning an efficient jungle route. I recommend starting with cloth armor and 5 potions. Farm up to a Madred's. Get your boots. Many folks will turn the Madred's into a wriggle, this gives you some nice early game armor and damage (AD that provides synergy for your blood boil). Pick up a negatron cloak next and you are a powerhouse into the mid game. Your snowball will get you plenty of assists as you smash them with your yeti fists. Turn your negatron cloak into a BV if you are getting interrupted or an Abyssal if you wanna do insane damage on your ult.

Remember this though: Nunu is an incredible team player, he can't do much on his own. So stay mobile, gank a lot, and use your ult on cooldown. Goodluck!

FaerellG

05-13-2011

Nunu is an amazingly awesome champ with a short CD mini nuke/slow, a fairly short CD ult that does crazy damage if they're foolish enough to stay around, and an amazing support ability that increases AS and MS for your carry (and yourself).

For all nunu builds, I usually start:
Boots + Ward + health pot.

I only jungle as nunu, and i am to counter jungle. Just walking in and eating their big wraith and one of the twin golems will set them back drastically. Ward the red buff before you leave and you'll probably catch them with their pants down. Steal the red buff and ice blast their jungler until they're dead.

Next purchases are to grab either 1 or 2 Catalysts.
Turn 1 into Rod of Ages and the other into Banshee's Veil. No specific order, pick whatever is going to be more useful. RoA maxes out pretty quickly now, so you can get it later.

So your corebuild is Boots, BV, RoA

Boots I usually get merc treads, you're guarateed to get CCed whenever you ult. If you don't, then you've probably won the fight (assuming you positioned your ult properly.
If they don't have good CC, go for boots of swiftness.

For Tanky Nunu:
I will usually pick up a Glacial Shroud, possibly Thornmail as well if they're very AD heavy.
FoN is great for anti-magic damage. If damage is really just too nasty, grab a Hourglass as well so you can freeze for 2 seconds. That will de-aggro you, and hopefully get you to your consume cooldown faster so you can regain some health.

For AP nunu:
I've heard that stacking RoA is simple and effective, but I usually don't do that.
I typically go for the Hourglass then Deathcap. I'm also more inclined to take Sorc Boots with AP nunu as well.

Lumaca

05-13-2011

Whatever you do, get an early CATALYST. If you wanna go AP, Rod of Ages is supposedly good, never go AP myself.

If you wanna go tank, hold on to it and get Banshee later on. For other items, take your team into consideration: Aegis if your team doesn't have one already, Sunfire if you think armor is needed, quick banshee for mr.