Twisted Fate AP/AS Build? (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BLACKxxDYNAMITE

05-13-2011

Hey,
I'm new to TF, and my first round I tried going all AD, but I felt like I was lacking. Many builds suggest AP for TF, but with his passive Stacked Deck, AS seemed a necessity. Wondering what people think of this item build for TF:

Start with Boots of Speed and HP Pot
Sword of the Divine
Sheen
Nashor's Tooth
Rabadon's
Then change Sheen to Lich Bane
Upgrade Boots, depending on situation
6th slot left open... not sure what to add.

I use mainly AS marks, Armor seals, Flat AP glyphs, and Move Speed Quints.

Does this seem viable?

BLACKxxDYNAMITE

05-13-2011

Wow nevermind.

I just tried this build twice. Once we lost before I even started Rabadon's. The other time, I finished Lich Bane, but it was still nowhere close to enough to take them out.

Tsal Kanai

05-15-2011

For TF here is the following order...
Vampiric Scepter
Berserker Greaves
Sword of the Divine
Blood Thirster (hence Scepter)
Infinity Blade
Atmas

This gives you some early life steal to help survive early game, and once you get you AS up, you can start ganking with Destiny much easier.

Other Items you can consider:
Black Cleaver
Madreds Bloodrazor
Wits End
Phantom Dancer

JayAce

05-15-2011

AP TF revolves around the fact that you want to burst down their carries/ squishies in ~ 4 secs with good positioning from ulti, Gold Card, Q, and lichbane proc. With that being said, Nashor's Tooth, and Sword of the Divine does not belong in this set up, as they are geared more towards sustained deeps (which AD TF does much better).

For items I would say
Boots 3x HP Pots
straight into Deathcap (upgrade boots to MPen before lichbane)
Lichbane (pickup a doran's ring before lb if needed)
And you're donewith your core.

I usually get Rylai's/Abyssal/Void. Standard caster damage items after core.

My first trip back to base usually happens when
1. I hit 6, and look at the other lanes for a possible gank. In solo q when I am mid solo, I usually look @ bot and top, and might have a 1-2 level advantage, and ulti in for possible kills. The point here is to bluepill the moment you hit 6, so that the other lanes still don't have their ulits yet.

or
2. I farm 2200 or 2300 gold and bluepill back. Buy the 1600 part of deathcap, and dorans ring with some HP pot, and port back into lane.

After that keep farming till you see an opportune moment to gank a lane

Masteries 9/0/21
Runes Red Mpen, Blue AP/lvl, Yellow Flat Armor Quints AP/lvl
Blue yellow and quint runes can be swapped out for your preference.
MS quints are great. HP/lvl yellows are also a good choice (you shouldn't run out of mana with blue card. if you are pick up a blue buff).
Red runes are the only runes that you can't really be flexible with.

InitialGrave

05-15-2011

AP TF build is like this...

sheen-> lich bane
rabadon's deathcap
sorcerer's boots
archangel's staff or rod of ages (or both. aa gives you mana rod of ages gives you hp.)
void staff (if they start getting magic resist)
deathfire grasp (extra nuke, cdr, mana regen)

if you're dying as ap tf, it means you're not performing the way a carry should. always stay behind everyone in your team during a team fight and snipe the enemy team with wild cards. (when i did this, my wild cards take 25% of a tank's hp.)

be able to stun their carry asap. a stunned carry is a dead carry. if you fail even once on your pick a card skill, it'll cost your entire team wit the result of them being dead you being dead and you being called a noob. also when you use your ultimate, always have a gold card ready before you use teleport.

wards are important with tf. this combined with teleport makes gives you and your team complete map control. (when your ult is in cooldown, you can use teleport on your ward instead for a gank.) NOTE: don't use your ultimate so carelessly, save it for when you really need it or the entire enemy team is missing. really need means the teleport to ward thing wasnt enough and there was one more enemy with really low hp you wanna kill. you can use your ultimate to kill him/her given that they didnt think you used your ultimate yet which is another bonus for fear factor.

with tf i always get teleport and flash/ghost. ghost allows you to chase straglers if your ultimate is on cooldown while flash gives you a free wall jump escape tool.

as you may have noticed, i keep mentioning the word stragglers. this is your focus in a team fight. you kill those with low health that try to run away. you don't initiate unless its a gank and even then some champs are better for initiating like malphite or shen. know your role in your team and always try to communicate for better results. pay attention to the map and look for opportunities for a gank. good luck.

facelover

05-15-2011

Ive played this build on Twisted Fate a few times now. I think his items need to change for him to scale into late game and still keep some power.

Dorans Ring
Boots Of Speed
Sword of the Divine
Sheen
Ability Rod
Pickaxe
Vampiric Scepter
-Upgrade into LichBane
-Upgrade into Hextech Gunblade

From there you probably need to get some kind of defense item depending on the opposing team. Many viable choices here so just see which items work best. I have found that Wits End is good against alot of AP characters since its rebuild. Also after your defense item if the game is still going on, figure out if the opposing team is building defense or MR and base your last item for either AD or AP. I like Void Staff if they're stacking MR and Last Whisper for defense.

Bebocius

05-18-2011

I''m starting to use TF..

an i got this doubt i have n't been able to resolve.. how do you teleport with destiny (or while using destiny).. i'm supposed to be able to teleport anywhere right?

Azure44

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-18-2011

ok so the best tf is a hybrid tf you should start with boots of swiftness then get a sheen. after that get a rageblade and build your sheen into a tri force. when you have tri force rageblade hextech gunblade is a great option. After your core items start building defensively(guardians angel banshees veil) or get something thats going to increase physical damage(infinity edge bloodthirster) dont get any more AP after your hextech though. hope this helps

shaitara

05-19-2011

So god ****ed tired of seeing sword of the divine on TF. Wits end does more damage over 4 hits then sotd does. Only time I'd get it if they had a jax, or a bunch of people with dodge boots.

ArgothBlackblade

05-20-2011

I build

Vamp build into thirster or into a gunblade
Avirace Blade build into Youmuu's
Zerkers
Manamune
IE
Sword of the Divine
Phantom

Its good crit, good AS, not great AP but you will do alot of damage with your q when you smack them in the face