blitz late game... :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaJakeIseeYou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

so ive been playing for a while now with blitz and i keep having troubles in late game
my core build is:
boots of cd
manamune
frozen hear
trinity force
vanshees veil
?
blitz is very useful in early mid game, when towers do dmg to other champions and u start pushing(hide behind wall adn grab enemy champ=win) but after lvl 16 or so towers dont represent a real threat to your enemy. sure, u can still use grab to catch enemys though walls when pushing or defending ur base but at this point ur combo of grab,fist and ulti does poor dmg. how can i change my build so the combo is more deadly? i know ap scales 1:1 by lvl18 but ur fist doubles ad dmg and has a 3 sec cooldown, while the ulti has like 17 secs more or less

HarisPiIton

05-13-2011

Get swiftness or mobility instead of Ionia, also, rush the tear asap.

Blitz is somewhat a mix of support, tank and a bruiser. You're there to pull people and get them blown up as it's 5v1. Blitzcrank takes a while to get the hang of, don't give up, he's an extremely good champion.

Kakashik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

You don't need cd boots. Most games you should build a frozen heart. If they have no physical dps then just build the part with cd reduction. Then build gear according to what is needed. If you become beefy you can stay in battles longer pop people up and pull people around your team will win. Another big bonus is that if you pull someone prior to team engagement you can make a 5v5 into a 4v5 very fast.

S B

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarisPiIton View Post
Get swiftness or mobility instead of Ionia, also, rush the tear asap.

Blitz is somewhat a mix of support, tank and a bruiser. You're there to pull people and get them blown up as it's 5v1. Blitzcrank takes a while to get the hang of, don't give up, he's an extremely good champion.
Pretty much said everything.

I recently played with a Blitz who would not grab =__= until I told him, this was late game, to just pull 1 by 1 and we'll win that way (we had no tank). So the last 2 teamfights we won because of this strategy. Once a blitz learns to pull, the rest of the game becomes really easy.

Colleen

05-13-2011

I actually like building Blitz as a burst mage, his ult gets a huge AP ratio and his Grab gets a pretty stellar one as well, and with a Lichbane and swiftness boots, you can run around at the speed of sound, I believe the combo is something upwards of 4500 damage if you hit late game and are able to get 2 archangels staves.

I feel like he should be more of a roaming mage instead of a tank. Pulling people and screwing their day over, not getting tank items and doing no damage, it doesn't take advantage of his massive AP ratios, nor the excellent CD on his disable and ult. If you actually get his ult off twice in a teamfight, it's so much damage with an AP build it gets a little silly.

I like to start off with a tear, the same as anyone, and turn it into an Archangel's staff, and from there Swiftness boots RoA > Lichbane > Rabadons >Seconds AA Staff.

It's actually feasible with Blitzcrank to fill out all your item slots, because your ult clears whole creep waves on a 20 second CD with an AP build. There are better tanks who can be in the fray, and plus with that many items increasing your mana you have like 6-7k EH late game, turning you into a great soak like Cho'gath only with 15 times the burst damage, especially in teamfights.