Give me 1 Reason why Vayne is OP.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreenEyedMonster

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bletzkarn View Post
Serioulsy I doubt you have anything legit.

1. Her Early Game is so Strong!

Urgot. He does more damage and he does it much safer. He is better at farming and plays a bigger role late game.

Nidalee. She does more damage once she hits 6, she is better at farming and far more sustained. She has a bigger impact on her team.

Zilean. He does more damage, and is a great support for any team.

I don't see how Vayne's early game, or total kit is any better than these champions.

2. % Health True Damage is Game Breaking.

Every 3 hits she does 70 + 8% HP. Meaning she does 2.6% + 23 true damage per hit. Less than Irelia until her enemy has 2800HP. She needs to land 3 hits as well.

3. It's just her whole package, she does everything too well!

She has high single-target damage with no escape mechanisms or inherit survivability minus 12 seconds of invisibility when she rolls. One single-target long CD situational stun. No AoE. No Toughness. Low Range.

She is pretty sub-par in teamfights. She can be focused extremely fast and falls to CC very readily. I'd say Nocturne and Poppy are much better Assassins. Nocturne has his semi-global dash and spell shield while poppy has invincibility.

Conclusion

I personally find Vayne boring to play and a headache to be in teamfights, she isn't terribly hard to lane against either. You just have to play aggressively. She can dish out damage but she can't take it.

The closest I ever got to being outlaned by Vayne was as Kog'maw. She killed me once, yet Kog'maw is 10 times better late game. Even a fed Vayne isn't all that scary.

Judging by a recent poll most of the community should agree with this.
The ONLY thing wrong with vayne is the fact her silver bullets do WAY too much damage to tanks while still killing squishies even faster, and it's from range, unlike irelia. Stacks with other hard hitting abilities and mobility, she can take down tanks just as fast as she takes down carries. The vaynes I see dominating are attack speed vaynes with a maldreds.

Really that is her only problem. People just dont know how to lane against her yet, which is why they think her burst is op.

Anyways OP, your thread sounds very much like a "Please dont nerf x thread, I like it" Her bullets will most definitely be adjusted. She might get some love else where to compensate.

Kissmonster

05-13-2011

I was on the fence about her being strong until I completely dominated a vlad in mid. I think, perhaps, her Q at level 1-2 is a little too strong considering the shot timer reset. But that is all. If they bring down her Q at level 1 and 2 a little, it should prevent her from starting the easy spiral to out of control.

Her late game damage should go un-touched though.

NDfXTKlFxuKSbeRT

05-13-2011

People always complain new champion is OP when he/she is strong because they temporalliy fail to find how to fight against him/her.She is a bit too strong but no way OP.
Her 70+8% true dmg is not that scary as she dont have enough utility and aoe dmg.Plus the suvivalability and range.The better way to fix her is to slightly reduce her early game dmg but not change her lategame dps output instead of ruining her completely.

BrofessorShen

05-13-2011

Quote:
Okay. Tumble is not an escape mechanism.

Shortest distance dash in the game, while running away it has a cooldown of like 8 seconds. Not even the stealth will save you.

Yes she can escape 1v1's easily. Yet you're an assassin. You should excel at 1v1.
>CD of 8 seconds

My god you really are ****ed in the head arn't you? Look at shaco's Flash, same thing as tumble with about the same time as stealth, yet able to GTFO of a nasty situation if he needs to... Your logic is sad... the reason being is you're contradicting yourself by saying she should be able to kill yet get away easily and that NOTHING is apparently WRONG with that all.

fuferman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohtalo View Post
Ranged
Low cooldown dash when chasing (lowest cooldown for any dash in the game)
Ranged poppy charge
potential stealth on dash
True damage (Really isn't much of an issue, the rest of the kit is what makes her crazy powerful)

Long story short... Vayne now has the best kiting/harassing in the game, and she snowballs extremely well.
this^

fuferman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrofessorShen View Post
>CD of 8 seconds

My god you really are ****ed in the head arn't you? Look at shaco's Flash, same thing as tumble with about the same time as stealth, yet able to GTFO of a nasty situation if he needs to... Your logic is sad... the reason being is you're contradicting yourself by saying she should be able to kill yet get away easily and that NOTHING is apparently WRONG with that all.
ok first calm down bro. now, it's easily a 2 sec cd with a single AA so don't pretend it's 8 that's just sad. she should either be able to kill quick OR gtfo not both. she is uncatchable. 1v1.
tumble away-- "oh i can still catch her" AA-knock back-tumble again--"oh lol no i can't"

too much mobility on any champ with damage makes them op... guess what... shaco got nerfs remember.

Poppedcollar

05-13-2011

My only complaint is that she's way too mobile. She synergizes excessively well with trinity force and zeals.

vivoche

05-13-2011

Quote:
Serioulsy I doubt you have anything legit.

1. Her Early Game is so Strong!

Urgot. He does more damage and he does it much safer. He is better at farming and plays a bigger role late game.

Nidalee. She does more damage once she hits 6, she is better at farming and far more sustained. She has a bigger impact on her team.

Zilean. He does more damage, and is a great support for any team.

I don't see how Vayne's early game, or total kit is any better than these champions.

2. % Health True Damage is Game Breaking.

Every 3 hits she does 70 + 8% HP. Meaning she does 2.6% + 23 true damage per hit. Less than Irelia until her enemy has 2800HP. She needs to land 3 hits as well.

3. It's just her whole package, she does everything too well!

She has high single-target damage with no escape mechanisms or inherit survivability minus 12 seconds of invisibility when she rolls. One single-target long CD situational stun. No AoE. No Toughness. Low Range.

She is pretty sub-par in teamfights. She can be focused extremely fast and falls to CC very readily. I'd say Nocturne and Poppy are much better Assassins. Nocturne has his semi-global dash and spell shield while poppy has invincibility.

Conclusion

I personally find Vayne boring to play and a headache to be in teamfights, she isn't terribly hard to lane against either. You just have to play aggressively. She can dish out damage but she can't take it.

The closest I ever got to being outlaned by Vayne was as Kog'maw. She killed me once, yet Kog'maw is 10 times better late game. Even a fed Vayne isn't all that scary.

Judging by a recent poll most of the community should agree with this.
All of these posts remind me a lot of when we tried to keep Janna from getting nerfed into the ground. We ran our polls too, always with favorable results saying she didn't need to be nerfed. It didn't work, and I doubt it will work for Vayne either.

At the time, Janna was head and shoulders better than any support champ. Vayne is pretty much in the same boat, but with ranged carries. You can list all the individual points that a particular ranged carry may be superior, but none of them have the complete package Vayne does. Squishy and dies quick to focus fire with CC? Sure. We made that argument back then with Janna, too. Be sure to mention how she has a hard time farming, too. The fact that Vayne requires very little farm to be effective is another trait she and Janna share. Hey, you can even point out that she is not as OP as a champ Riot has already acknowledged in need of a nerf. That'll avoid the nerfstick for sure, helped us when we pointed out that Janna wasn't nearly as bad as Soraka.

Mind you, Janna is still quite viable even after all the nerfs. Some would say she is still the queen of support, although I think the point can be contested now. Riot has had a pretty good track record lately of toning down the OP champs without completing wrecking them (Remakes are a completely different story, but I digress). Don't fret overly much, Vayne will be fine.

DocBarber

05-13-2011

Her sexy skin tight body suit is OP.

dreamenddischarger

05-13-2011

the issue most have with vayne isn't so much her damage output in general, but her output on tanks.

an AS build vayne shreds tanks before they can even get to her.