Pantheon MID (early game domination)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

raidonkill

05-13-2011

I've been playing MID LANE Panth for quite sometime now and I really love how he works in game. Although, the nerfs were getting really bad and as a dedicated Panth player I always find solutions on how to still own and dominate with our Spartan.

I just want to share my opinion so people can try it out - or shoot me (I don't mind) if it sucks.

Been playing MID panth for 2 months and was perfecting a combination of builds that make him early killer (owning MID) and late game killer. Panth, when fed early is really helpfull in late game. Random team mates hate me for getting to MID first, they all say (which is quite true) that Teemo, vlad, malz, etc,. should go mid not Panth. But I insist and sometimes people rage over it but when they see results like putting down mid turrent very early and sending home enemy mid champ - they shut up!

Masteries:
standard 21-9-0 for panth

Runes: (combination of Armor pen adn AP)
9x Greater mark of desolation
9x Greater seal of Potency OR 9x Greater seal of Evasion
9x Greater Glyph of Force
3xGreater Quint of Desolation

Items:
Early to mid game must have:
1.Dorans blade or dorans ring (I prefer the blade)
2. Guinsoo Rageblade
3. Ninja Tabi
4. Bilgewater cutlass
5. Brutalizer

Very important Summoner spell combination:
1. Ignite or Exhaust
2. Flash

A lot of it is selfexplanatory. My rule for this build as you progress is maximize Pantheons early game strenght. he is very strong early game harasser and this formula never fails me to get the kills and take down mid tower early in the game.

At level 1, dont be afraid to harass, ignite, throw spears at enemy mid champ. Let him feel the pain but do not be too aggressive. At level 2, I could even kill the enemy given that I already poked him with spears at level 1 and when my stun comes in, I stun - SS - Deliver 1 auto attack blow - ignite and he may be left with 20% hp already. When he goes to fountain to heal, focus on the tower. Just be aware of their jungler, always be alert to use flash when you feel something might happen.

At level 3, you can deliberately kill the champ with cooldowns of all your spells (including ignite and flash). Usually, skilled players will be hard to catch with your SS and stun. That's why you need to do a perfectly timed Flash + ignite, and deliver the W-E-Q combo.

Enemy champ will go back and heal if you didnt get the kill but the advantage is still on you since you level and damage the tower. It's practically sending him home or killing him.

By level 10-12, you should have completed your early core build and fulfill your role on initiating ganks, jumping or whatever..Just kill and help the team win.

Late game results of MID panth:

If you are fed, you can invest in the usual Panth killer items.
I usually go with:
1. Sell my cutlass and replace it with Blood thirster
2. Don't upgrade brutalizer - instead, complete an Infinity edge
3. When you have IE - upgrade brutalizer to Yoyo blade!
4. Situational, self explanatory: Either a Frozen mallet or another Blood depending how the whole team is doing

late game summary items:
1. Guinsoo rageblade
2. Blood thirster
3. Infinity edge
4. Frozen mallet or 2nd Blood thirster
5. If its still going, you can get Atma's impaler or Sunfire Cape. Just to hold your stability.

Additional note:
Why Guinsoo rageblade??? he is not a mage!??
- Well, 2 of Panths key skill depends on AP. The shield stun and the Man drop! Compensate it with runes and this fantastic and quite weird item for Panth. If Riot decides to remove mana and Panth is skill shot based, then I will remove rageblade from my build.

REALLY REALLY Important skill build!
I prefer not to max the HSS first. Instead, I level it alternately to SS.

Reason - HSS is quite sad on the casting department. It's slow, enemy can sidestep, most of the time you only deliver 60% of the damage or even less. Compensate it with the SS! It works wonders and it can grant you the burst damage on a DPS pov, sometimes you are forced to cancel the HSS because the enemy is literally walking away from the height of its damage..It's crazy! but with a strong SS, damage is compensated.

You must be an extreme killing machine in Late game, like spears flying around and your HSS getting your triple kills. IF and ONLY IF, you made a successful early game.

Try it out. I'm open for discussions, I am still trying out things to improve this.
But so far, It's awesome!!

senteriono

05-13-2011

why guinsoo?

your early items are bad and your late items are already part of a normal panth

raidonkill

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by senteriono View Post
why guinsoo?

your early items are bad and your late items are already part of a normal panth
try it first, then post back.

I explained why guinsoo. Maybe just try it for a while, what is your starting items for panth anyway?

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Guinsoo's? Never. You say it scales with AP? So what? Like you build your stacks and then ult? Or build your stacks and then stun? Runes also blow, you'll be dry most of the time, packing no real punch in your skills.

iP1ayJarvan

05-13-2011

i know i've seen a panth grab a brutalizer, stack AD with BTs, then finish off with a frozen mallet and warmog's. warmogs aint tank but it does allow survivibility late game

shubomber

05-13-2011

Item build aside, mid-lane Panth as a principle isn't a bad idea at all if you can manage your mana effectively, but post-nerf I don't know if it's worth playing him at all.