[Guide] Shaco, a different kind of pubstomp.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inept

03-15-2010

I used to do this with shaco before all the baron changes, I had the same setup rally/teleport.

my build was different though, I would semi-jungle and get razors asap, then get greaves/malady/razor's so I could solo baron at lvl 14-ish with the rally, pushing towers in the meantime. I dont play shaco anymore but hes my most played with a 3:1 W/L.

I dont know if this build works anymore with the baron in its current state, but you piss off a lot of people and its hella funny.

Turbomage

03-15-2010

Oops

Turbomage

03-15-2010

Sorry for the long as f' post, but if your interested in this guide you should read.

About the guide - So I just tried this complete build out, and all I have to say is... RAPE. I dominated the game pretty much by myself. My teammates were negatives scores until the very last 5 minutes of the game, and I ended up being 7-1-4 along with several turrets destroyed. I had the 2nd tower down by just keeping to my lane and pushing within very quick time (don't know exactly, but faster than usual games). I usually went lane to lane when I healed and go all 3 lane's first towers down, then move on to 2nd towers etc.

The Build - The build is interesting and they actually aren't that bad. The aegis early game helps tremendously with your hp and armor/resist. along with boosting minions/heroes. The real OPness comes from the Jack in the boxes. With leveling jitb > decieve regardless of what items you have you won't hit hard, thus you must kind of focus like an ap shaco in a sense. I started with fort+3hp pots+1 mana pot (seemed to be a good ratio) and killed lizard first. I instantly was lvl 2 entering the lane and tried to get first blood with exhaust/ignite (btw I pref these over rally (asslong cd) and teleport is overrated). But vs'n jax/morde was hard. To the point, I planted about 2 jitbs lvl 2 in the bush and baited them with 50% hp and they just got rape. Also put 2 in the bush in the river will help with anti-ganking someone. Just work on your lanes and save mana for jitb's and always use it when its up. Just plant 1-2 in the forest as your pushing and you'll never die unless your bad. BTW at lvl 3-4 it's nice to get rank1 shiv for the -20% speed here n there.

For some reason my team would help me as if they wanted to push or gank, but I just kind of ignored that. So get used to it, but just kind of stay with the ultimate goal. Pushing lanes and towers. Again with the jitbs I would plant 2 in the bush between bottom lane tower 1-2. I would be pushing and find little mr. ryze come to gank me. He catches my boxes and I decieve over, ignite, boom dead. And continued to kill the tower. It's just op from what I can tell. Awesome guide and btw I was in a half-premade against very good players. And I pretty much straight carried from beginning to end imo =) Just don't ever question this guide until you try it out for yourself.

-Turbo

Panzerfauste

03-15-2010

thank you very much for all the feedback both positive and negative (cant expect to please the masses :P)

Turbomage

03-16-2010

I played more games with this setup, and it indeed is still working out. About a 3:1 w/l ratio currently with it. And about the part where the team will hate you? I haven't experienced that yet. They LOVE me. Like recently I can recall they lost a team battle in the middle. I pushed the bottom lane and killed inhibitor and they killed our first middle tower. Then it comes about again we lose a team match 4v5, but I pushed top lane and killed their inhibitor while they killed middle lanes second tower. Then I just focused and helped with middle and while they were near the river etc. I would decieve in, pop hallucinate and box and rape tower and my team pretty much praised me. What I really get people on is people try and gank me when pushing a lane, but as I said before I put 2 boxes in a bush so Iknow where they are, and I see like 3 of them coming from all directions, then my team notices and come helps support and since they're spread out from ones being feared (3 seconds behind their partners) it just spaces them enough that my team can dominate them one by one. It's truly the most ingenious plan that I've seen so far.

-Turbo

Holypope

03-16-2010

This is a really fun way to play shaco.

It takes some practice with escaping and placing jitbs down, but once you start surviving ganks, you'll put your opponent in a ****ty situation:

deal with you through multiple opponents which will lead to long, unsuccessful chases that leave them gold and xp starved

-or-

let you push while they 5v4.

You should be able to push faster than they can as a team, so this works out great.

-or-

their whole team comes for you. hopefully your team does something useful in the meantime, rather than hiding under a turret sharing lane xp 4 ways as they madly flame you for soloing and tieing up their whole team for 45-seconds to a minute (sadly this is too often the case)

----------------

Since the effectiveness of this build is directly tied to surviving ganks, I'd ALWAYS take the +5 movement speed boots. Other than that, I think the other items are pretty decent.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

03-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalcandy View Post
My Shaco build > *

*******http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=20134&d=1268448415********

I usually sell my Mobility boots for Greaver's Boots once i get my 2nd Phantom Dancer, but i forgot on this particular build.

BTW...i enter games carrying 52% crit damage from runes/mastery, so by the time i get to my 2nd Phantom Dancer it seems 80% of my strikes are for crit. By the time i get to my 3rd Phantom Dancer, every single strike is for crit.
That is a terrible build.
Crit damage runes provide lower crits than armor pen runes, and less sustained. They also won't work on towers. Also they cost 2x as much. And you aren't even much better than 50/50 with it.

And apparently you haven't played anyone besides shaco?

Please don't throw this bullsh*t in here on someone's guide, especially when it isn't even good advice.

Franz Josef

03-17-2010

The funny thing is, classical Assassin Shaco can BD pretty well with Sheen, Boots and a BF sword, or so do I.
I absolutely agree on maxing jitb btw, becuase people just seem to love running in over and over again. (IF you know where to lay lair)