Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Shaco, a different kind of pubstomp.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfauste

03-13-2010

This is probably one of the most successful ways i've found to consistantly win solo queues. Will this work everytime? No. Will I have so many kills the other team thinks Im L33T haxxor? No.

This is just a different way to play Shaco and I know not everyone is going to agree with it blah blah blah. Just try it out once or twice.

The basic premise of this guide is to push and backdoor EVERYTHING. Your team will hate you for 75% of the game until they realise that you just won the game for them(they might not even realise it).

Skills:
Priority is Hallucination > Jack in the Box > Deceive > Two Shiv.

Reason for maxing jack in the box first is because it does a ton of damage to towers and it helps for escaping/warding.

Summoner Spells:

Rally/Teleport- Teleport to jack in the boxes/wards or a creepfilled lane and pop rally to take down towers in seconds.

Masteries:

Atleast 21/0/1 the extra 8 points can literally go into whatever you like at that point. Make sure to get improved rally and improved teleport.

Item Build:
Starting item- Fort Pot/Boots/Cloth Armor/ + Health pots
1. Aegis of the Legion
2. Berserker Greaves
3. Starks Fervor
4. Tiamat
5. Another Tiamat/Black Cleaver/Bloodthirster
6. ^

Start with Fort pot and do lizard if you want to try for a level 2 gank. Otherwise do golem or just head to lane with boots/cloth armor and Health Pots

"OMG HOW M I GUNNA 1 SHOT ASHE WIT THOSE" Your not, the auras double dip with your clone so when you pop hallucination you get a big jump in AS and armor/damage from the Aegis and Starks which helps to kill towers and to also buff the nearby creeps.

Early Game- Focus on last hitting and only harrass if you got lizard at level 1 or if you have a strong partner/they have a weak lane composition. If you can make either of them go back to heal, you and your partner can do some serious damage to the tower with an early game rally. Do not play like that shaco you saw getting 6+ kills in the first 5min, very good chance it wont happen.

Mid Game- Once the laning phase is over begin your reign of tower destruction. Constantly push one of the two side lanes, making sure to put jack in the boxes between the gaps in the woods so you know when to kick it and to run that way if you are being chased. If the enemy team groups up to push the lane you are in go to a different lane! And NEVER go out of your way to get kills, just PUSH. NEVER help your team defend or push as a team.

How to kill a tower: If you have creeps with you position yourself on the opposite side of the tower so the enemy's creeps will hit you and not your creeps. place your jack in the box so the only target it has is the enemy tower, use hallucination, use rally if you feel its neccessary.
Place wards near towers that can be easily backdoored so you can teleport to them when theres an opening to back door.

Late Game: If you did well there should be vulnerable inhibs atleast. if you did decent they should be clinging to the few base turrets they have left. Once you have completed Starks, Aegis, and Boots you should be able to backdoor any tower with your clone. If the other team attempts to push as wait until they are pushed past river and go for their inhibitors and nexus/nexus turrets.
If the game goes long enough the enemies will push as 3 and leave 2 to defend against you this is when you have to turn on your skills and devise a plan or lose.

"WTF This is a team game and Im going to be a team player and help them out"
Well if you lose you are going to blame matchmaking for giving you terrible team mates, so why bother helping?

All in all a guide to a different way to play shaco, try it out love ir or hate it I wrote it so tell me how much terrible I am with your feedback plox

if didnt really check if sentences made sense or not so if they dont try and figure it out

suchocka

03-14-2010

I appreciate your idea of backdooring and remembering that tower/inhibitor -> nexus kills win the game. Often times when my Sivir gets a bad mm game, I proceed to backdoor towers while my team defends.

However, when going to backdoor a tower/ solo push a lane, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Would you helping your team defend lead to a better outcome? (ace, big push to inhibi, etc.)
- Are you making a poor trade, like their 1st tower for your 2nd/3rd?
- Is there a Twitch just waiting for you to keep doing what you've been doing all game?

To make a good guide on a backdooring Shaco, I think you need to include a few sentences on decision making. You can't say backdooring and running solo instead of helping your team is a good idea in every possible scenario.

Furthermore, this would not work as well in higher ELO, but you acknowledge this in the name of your guide by calling it a pubstomp.

Overall, a novel idea and definitely sounds fun! But no matter how bad your teammates are, this is a team game :-P

Panzerfauste

03-14-2010

Thanks for the feedback, I didnt want to drag on in the guide going over decision making because I'm not their to tell them the pros/cons. All games are different(the beauty of the genre) and should be treated as such, make a call whether its a good idea or not. If its a bad call, hey theres always next time.

To acknowledge your things to keep in mind
-If your team is already winning a 4v5 (assuming you are pushing all game/following the guide) than its pretty much already over and it doesnt matter if you help at this point or not.

-Of course trading first tower for a 2nd/3rd is a bad trade, but most of the time in Solo queue mid elo, both teams just stand staring at a tower for a few minutes either too scared to push or too scared to intiate (time better spent side pushing IMO). Or if your team just got aced/severely weakened the other team will procede to steamroll the tower and you beside it anywase.

-If a twitch is waiting for you than you have essentially traded a terrible team fighter (shaco) for a very strong ranged carry who can AOE whole teams at times(twitch), just so you can deceive away anywase. Making it a 4v4.

Again, every game is different and you are very correct about your statements, this is just what I observe. I've only played this maybe 8 or so times because i cant stand to keep playing the same champions, of those 8 times I havent lost yet which is why I posted this.

Digitalcandy

03-15-2010

Quote:
Panzerfauste:
This is probably one of the most successful ways i've found to consistantly win solo queues.

My Shaco build > *

I usually sell my Mobility boots for Greaver's Boots once i get my 2nd Phantom Dancer, but i forgot on this particular build.

BTW...i enter games carrying 52% crit damage from runes/mastery, so by the time i get to my 2nd Phantom Dancer it seems 80% of my strikes are for crit. By the time i get to my 3rd Phantom Dancer, every single strike is for crit.

suchocka

03-15-2010

@DigitalCandy:

This thread aimed to discuss a different Shaco build, not the typical assassinate everyone build. If you want to explain your build, make your own guide IMO :P

Also, based on your overall win/loss and your shaco win/loss, I don't know how much I'd want to take your advice....

@Panzerfauste:

You make some good points in your reply, especially about my Twitch example. Didn't think about the full implications of that :P

Digitalcandy

03-15-2010

Quote:
suchocka:
@DigitalCandy:

This thread aimed to discuss a different Shaco build, not the typical assassinate everyone build. If you want to explain your build, make your own guide IMO :P

No thanks.

Quote:
suchocka:
@DigitalCandy:

Also, based on your overall win/loss and your shaco win/loss, I don't know how much I'd want to take your advice....

That's because he's the only champ i really ever played, so a lot of losses came when my summoner level was > 15.

BTW...Shaco is an assassin my friend.

Azing

03-15-2010

Um... O.o I must say this build... kinda sucks. You mention BD which is fine but Tiamut isn't exactly the 'best' weapon in terms of BDing. Overall toss out that garbage and get better damage items instead and then I can see it being good, only though if your planning on staying in lanes or working with a team, and don't forget you got to make sure that no one else is investing in such aura items.

ZO KidKaiser

Recruiter

03-15-2010

Quote:
Panzerfauste:

"WTF This is a team game and Im going to be a team player and help them out"
Well if you lose you are going to blame matchmaking for giving you terrible team mates, so why bother helping?

BUAHAHA! agreed [period]

Panzerfauste

03-15-2010

Quote:
Digitalcandy:

BTW...Shaco is an assassin my friend.

Sure he could be an assasin ,but you dont have to play him that way. Almost every champion in this game can be played completely opposite to his role and be a decent champion. Some of the best examples of this are Sion and Shaco.

You are the perfect example of why I play this build for shaco. You have a lot of kills ,but only break even in actual wins because of poor team mates and Shaco's inability to teamfight I will assume. Try this guide to its fullest extent and I gurantee your W/L will improve.

MisterImpossible

03-15-2010

This guide is definitely well-thought out, and I for one have played Shaco as a support aura dps. One grief with this is that your auras aren't being utilized in team fights, so why buy them? If you are going to get auras, then IMO you must be apart of team fights. The auras are nice as Aegis (and idk if starks stacks, pretty sure it doesnt) stacks with your clone and you get the buff twice, but it seems to be a waste of money if you aren't utilizing them to the full extent of its use for your teammates. If you were specifcally going BD shaco, I'd go something with a little more damage. I assume you also buy Fort Pots to supplement for health and dmg. Overall, a very interesting guide and will probably try it out.