Vayne in Team Fights: Tips Please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GeneralSpank

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
You are bad at Vayne and shouldn't be giving advice if you level a spell that does nothing early game over one of the best early game spells in the game.

It's a nuke early game. You level it first because it's all of your damage early game, and it's your best skill for laning. a % of max HP skill that doesn't do much damage LATE GAME is even WORSE early game.

You can't harass against Soraka. You need to BURST to kill her/her lane mate. That's why you take the nuke and the stun.
So, let me get this straight. You'd rather level a skill with a high cooldown instead of leveling Q+W to get constant harass? Do you have any idea how much damage my build does while you're waiting for E to come off cooldown?

As I listed in my other post, my combo of Auto-attack+Q+Auto-attack can bring someone down from full HP to half or even less. I've done this countless times. In fact, my combo likely does as much as yours, but I can repeat mine more frequently than you.

I've watched many pro Vayne players and many of them choose this route. Leveling E first is a gamble. What if you can't pin them to a wall? What if they're smart? You're left with a weak Q and W. So, while you're waiting to pin them to a wall to get your "BurstSteriodHighDamagewtf", I'll be rinse and repeating my combo getting more damage off in the time it takes for you to either land a Condem or wait for it to come off cooldown.

Carados

02-24-2012

Did you read my post?

Your plan is to HARASS against a Soraka instead of bursting her?

Really?

Leveling E first is not a gamble. It's a super consistant stun.

GeneralSpank

02-24-2012

Quote:
Did you read my post?
Oh, you mean the part where you rely on a 20 second cooldown ability that requires you to pin them against the wall to do your damage? To completely negate your damage, all I'd have to do is stay away from a wall, lol. Not hard.

Me? Well, all I have to do is wait for them to come to the minion wave. Fire off one auto-attack, roll in with Q, and let off another auto-attack all in the span of a few seconds. Whats that? Oh, yeah. I can repeat this more than once every 20 seconds!

Carados

02-24-2012

You're trying to harass a Soraka. Do you understand how this game works?

You can't harass a Soraka lane. It's burst or nothing. More to the point, as an AD carry, you don't spam your skills.

And that W does effectively NO damage early game...

GeneralSpank

02-24-2012

Quote:
Did you read my post?

Your plan is to HARASS against a Soraka instead of bursting her?

Really?

Leveling E first is not a gamble. It's a super consistant stun.
Since Soraka's heal is on a 20 second cooldown, I can effectively harass while she waits for her heal. All Soraka has to do is time her heals correctly when you attempt your "Burst" and she can heal right through it.

Me? She heals, I harass for 20 seconds, she either blows summoner heal or ultimate. With my combo, I can deal more damage to her than she can heal. I don't have the restrictions of having to pin someone to a wall to get my damage off.

Leveling E is not a gamble? Really? Do you only play against terrible players who stand near walls against a Vayne? Play against any competent player and you'll notice how little you get your E off.

Do you need math to prove you wrong?

Carados

02-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralSpank View Post
Since Soraka's heal is on a 20 second cooldown, I can effectively harass while she waits for her heal. All Soraka has to do is time her heals correctly when you attempt your "Burst" and she can heal right through it.
You can't heal through burst damage. That's not how the game works.

Maybe the problem is the misunderstanding of common English words.

Sustained means "damage over time." IE, the damage over more heals.

Burst means "at once."

You can heal through sustained damage.

Are you new to LoL, or trolling? Either way, you shouldn't be giving advice to new players.

If your jungler ganks and you're leveling W, you'll die. If you're jungler ganks and you're leveling E, you'll be useful.

Her E is an extremely consistant stun. If you don't think so, you don't understand this game's mechanics.

And the fact that no good player will let you proc your W to harass them... You must be trolling.

Welcome to League of Legends. If your build was correct, you'd be rated higher then the people who actually are right.

GeneralSpank

02-24-2012

Quote:
You can't heal through burst damage. That's not how the game works.

Maybe the problem is the misunderstanding of common English words.

Sustained means "damage over time." IE, the damage over more heals.

Burst means "at once."

You can heal through sustained damage.

Are you new to LoL, or trolling? Either way, you shouldn't be giving advice to new players.

If your jungler ganks and you're leveling W, you'll die. If you're jungler ganks and you're leveling E, you'll be useful.

Her E is an extremely consistant stun. If you don't think so, you don't understand this game's mechanics.

And the fact that no good player will let you proc your W to harass them... You must be trolling.

Welcome to League of Legends. If your build was correct, you'd be rated higher then the people who actually are right.
So the enemy will let you stun them to the wall more than they will let you fire off an auto attack? You must be trolling. Good players are not going to stand near walls. Gooodbye "Burst" damage. You have nothing without your stun. WATCHA GONNA DO IF THEY DON'T LET YOU STUN THEM.

Her E ISN'T an extremely consistant stun. It REQUIRES enemies to stand near a wall. What if they don't? Hmm? Whatcha gonna do with that burst? Nothing. Many pro players have already explained this. If you can land your stun, you get good damage. If you cant, you don't do good damage.

Healing burst? Guess what? You stun them to the wall, Soraka heals. Unless you plan on killing them with one E, that damage you waited for 20 seconds for will be healed. Do you even play bottom lane?

Let me explain this again. After you get your second auto-attack off, all you have to do is click Q and instantly get your damage. Soraka healed the damage? Well guess what, I can repeat it again once Q is off cooldown and Soraka cannot heal until 20 seconds are up.

Leveling E decreases the cooldown by a couple seconds and increases the damage. The stun time does not increase. If a jungler ganks, WHO ALSO BUILDS LOTS OF ARMOR, you rely on the stun from E, not the damage which will tickle him. Instead, I can stun/auto-attack/Q and do more damage than you because you decided to level up E.

I'm done talking to a wall. You apparently have no sense of time, nor the meaning of DPS. You're arguing my point which I've picked up from watching many pro streamers. Go ask and pro AD Vayne player and they will tell you the same.

Carados

02-24-2012

Quote:
So the enemy will let you stun them to the wall more than they will let you fire off an auto attack?
Tell me.

Where is the safest place to stand bottom lane for both the carry and the support that isn't near a wall? Draw me a diagram.

You also don't understand the English language. You don't even understand my post.

I'm going to assume you're a troll. Because you're not better then Xspecial.

Meanwhile, you're leveling a useless skill that does nothing in laning to harass, rather then the skill that lets you do something in lane.

GeneralSpank

02-24-2012

Quote:
Tell me.

Where is the safest place to stand bottom lane for both the carry and the support that isn't near a wall? Draw me a diagram.

You also don't understand the English language. You don't even understand my post.

I'm going to assume you're a troll. Because you're not better then Xspecial.

Meanwhile, you're leveling a useless skill that does nothing in laning to harass, rather then the skill that lets you do something in lane.
What was that? Can't understand you, your elo is too small.

Carados

02-24-2012

Quote:
What was that? Can't understand you, your elo is too small.
Grats dude. You're insulting an ARAM/gimmick game account.

Do you have a point?

My question is simple: If you're better then Xspecial at the game, why are you not rated higher then him?

Here's the thing: Your W does nothing in lane. Your E lets your Soraka/Taric/Janna/Sona's CC get followed up with more CC and a kill. You can't outheal burst damage, that's the point of burst damage. Unless you're arguing that Soraka is an amazing counterpick to Veigar as well!

Especially since Soraka is the easy target in lane, so she can't heal herself while stunned! And she's not the only support!

It may work against bad players. But it won't against people who know how to play.