caster olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

k so I have sorta sucked at Olaf, but I love him. He is a viking ^_^

So like - every build with him, I die, a lot... and it kinda sucks <_<

I decided after playing Vayne (first assassin type champ I've really played) to try a sorta caster / assassin Olaf.

Basically I rush a sheen, and my early game is throw axe - attack - true damage - attack. Try to harass a bit first so this combo is enough to kill the target.

So the build order I'm sorta putting together:
sheen, giant belt, phage are my early items.
tri force, warmog are my first 2 finished items.

Then I'll get negatron to fon, atmas impaler, and another warmogs.

I just sorta wonder if sheen / triforce are good items for him, and also is this caster olaf a good style of play for him? Has this been seen before?

An alternative to sheen / triforce could be to get a bf sword to thirster instead, with phage to frozen mallet instead of the first warmogs.

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

kk played a game where I ditched sheen b/c I had to build an early exec to deal with ww / trynd / taric...

Worked wonders. Exec will likely be swapped for a thirster when the team has it's ignites (noobs, all flash ghost). The build order was great, ended with ionian, exec, frozen mallet, warmogs, fon, atma, so switch the exec for a thirster and you'd have the "normal" build. Basically you focus on casting as much as you can, using the w when you're about half health... I ended with about 4k health, over 200 ad, more with w activated.

Dealing with cc sucks though, so I miss mercs <_< but with better team coordination (we had fail carry and fail tank, so I basically played both roles...) my ult prolly would have been enough.

Lumaca

05-13-2011

A Sheen does not a caster make.

Otherwise Nasus would be universally played as a caster.

Seinfire

05-13-2011

While sheen/triforce isn't bad on Olaf, i've never found a good enough reason to build it.

I've seen triforcelaf ingame and it wasn't very impressive compared to other builds.

If you want to increase your burst damage you're much better off building arpen and cdr (brutalizer-ghostblade) than building a sheen.

Playstyle wise, what you're trying to do is not unusual, especially early game when you don't have alot of survivability, it's better to use q+e then back off until you think it's safe to stick to a target.

Xervous

05-13-2011

lantern (sold later), mercs, ghostblade, FoN, starks, randuins, survivability or bloothirster or bloodrazor

ding!

Spluuge

05-13-2011

Triforce != caster despite a little ap on it. A previous poster was on the money about increasing burst with arp/ cdr.

MotorizedStick

05-13-2011

Armor Pen....Black Cleaver. You attack fast enough at low health to dice through people.

Haxorsaurus

Recruiter

05-13-2011

jungle olaf is safer imo, you dont get pushed out of your lane and you still get decent gold to build
1. wriggles lantern
2. zerker grieves (okay i know people might say its stupid to get but with well timed ultis you wont need tenacity)
3. get ur brutilizer and when enough gold upgrade to ghostblade
4. infinity edge youll be criting like 600s
5. insert survivability based on opposing team
6. insert survivability based on opposing team

Note this build focuses on holding the buffs for early game and also a fairly decent amount of farm.
also a final note is that your ulti and ghost blades passive will keep you alive in most of the fights.
you are olaf and you fight to the death
in most cases fighting your opponents will keep you alive better than with survivability

dont rate till youve tried the build

skill order: WQWQER then R>E>Q>W