Thanks for QQing till they nerfed Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

This is riot's way of saying "**** you, stop saving his ulti to ks".

EatsBlood

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Riot would never do something designed to make you not "KS" since they know that there's no such thing as KSing in team game. Every time someone "steals" your kill, what they're actually doing is adding an assist that wasn't going to be there, netting more gold for your team.

Incendax

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatsBlood View Post
Riot would never do something designed to make you not "KS" since they know that there's no such thing as KSing in team game. Every time someone "steals" your kill, what they're actually doing is adding an assist that wasn't going to be there, netting more gold for your team.
This is true on so many levels. While there are certainly some situations where it is better to allow a carry to get the killing blow, it is almost always better to let as many teammates as possible get a few attacks into the target even if this means you don't get your 'Kill'. That's just part of being a Team. There is no I.

As for the nerf, reducing the damage of his R is not really relevant. The reduction of his passive actually is pretty relevant because it amounts to the loss of hundreds of points of damage during a teamfight

Hedgemonster

05-13-2011

I think the nerf to Karthus' passive is the more important hit. The nerf to his ult is 50-100 damage on all champs, but the nerf to his passive cuts out one tick of defile and one lay waste. At 500 AP, that's 235 damage from defile to all champs in the area, and at least 590 total damage from the lay waste (if you hit only 1 or 2 champs). If you hit all 5 enemy champs with both, that's a maximum possible damage of 2650 that you're losing, vs. a maximum possible loss of 250 damage with your ult.

That said, I don't think it is a strong enough nerf to make Karthus no longer viable, but it is enough to make him somewhat less threatening :-(

EDIT: I didn't see Incendax's post until after I wrote this, but I'll leave mine up since it expands on what he says.

Kyrooo

05-13-2011

The least Riot can do for Karthus to compensate is raise his base defensive stats a tad. He goes down laughably fast early-game.