+0 Armor Nasus Build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alcopop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

I love Nasus, though he is a character I usually bomb very hard on.

But because of this I decided to experiment with items a little.

Against a balanced team the idea was to sheer up some good magic resist and let my W/exhaust take care of the AD carries (so no real focus on armor, besides Nasus's natural armor is amazing). For masteries I went 9/0/21 for the mana regen and cd so I wouldn't have to worry about grabbing a mana item, which I normally feel like I need with Nasus. I also took Exhaust/Ghost (for further AD shutdown and Ghost is just good). Armor Pen Marks, Mana Regen Seals, Cooldown Glyphs and Fort Quints.

I built like this,

Rushed Hexdrinker (This + Ult is amazing early game. sudden 600 HP yes please, as well I was laning against an Annie and this made her pretty useless)
Merc Treads
Sheen
Wit's Edge (The new version is really fantastic and the AS helps my lifesteal)
Warmog's
Atma's
Sheen to Triforce
Replace Hexdrinker with ??? (I didn't get this far in game but i'm thinking a Frozen Mallet as the extra AD is nice and the HP puts you in the 4-5k range, which is good for atma's. Or possibly a frozen heart if there AD carry is more of a problem then your W/Exhaust can handle)

I ended up casually carrying 16/4/11. It was easily my best score with nasus so far and it felt... effortless. the other team wasn't bad but I could quickly dispatch both there AP characters (by surviving the burst) and there AD carries (by shutting them down). Defiantly lots of fun. I dare say if I was more engaged with the game and less on choosing items I would of gotten a few more kills as well. (I may of missed a few teamfight's while deciding on what to buy... )

So, tons of HP and a good lot of MR great AD and a nice AS. Mostly at the cost of Armor.

So, what do you lot think? was I simply lucky or is it a viable build?

TooStronkadonk

05-12-2011

Doing static builds are stupid....

if their team has no physical, don't build armor..... if their team has no mages, then don't build MR.....

you lucked out.

Alcopop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disttt View Post
Doing static builds are stupid....

if their team has no physical, don't build armor..... if their team has no mages, then don't build MR.....

you lucked out.
Obviously things have to be tailored to a specific teams. But barring cases of very heavy AD teams I simply thinking that in general MR and health is generally going to be more useful, even against a balanced team that has decent AD. Besides when do you see all AD or all AP teams? pretty much never.

As well I feel the current MR offensive items are more effective on Nasus then the offensive armor items are.

malphismia

05-12-2011

you build him like a tanky DPS... yeah. tanky DPS works.

Degnared

05-12-2011

Armor is typically less good on tanks than MR. Obviously it depends entirely on the opposing team's composition, but even when they have a balanced team, tanks are more likely to take magic damage than physical damage.

Say their comp is Amumu, Ashe, Tryndamere, Brand, and Karthus. If you are tanky champ, NONE of these champions should be focusing you in teamfights (getting some early armor while laning against them is another story). However, you will take AoE damage from Brand, Karthus, and, to a lesser extent, Amumu. Since all of that AoE is magic, you're protecting yourself more by buying magic resist. This is true against most comps: tanks are primarily exposed to AoE damage, which is almost always magic damage.

Obviously this doesn't usually give you free reign to ignore armor, but it's not as important as MR. And of course, if Tryn (in this example) is fed, you need a thornmail anyway. I guess the bottom line is that you always need to pay attention to their comp, but, generally, MR is more important for a tank. Squihsies are another story entirely, since they get focused by everyone.

Alcopop

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degnared View Post
Armor is typically less good on tanks than MR. Obviously it depends entirely on the opposing team's composition, but even when they have a balanced team, tanks are more likely to take magic damage than physical damage.

Say their comp is Amumu, Ashe, Tryndamere, Brand, and Karthus. If you are tanky champ, NONE of these champions should be focusing you in teamfights (getting some early armor while laning against them is another story). However, you will take AoE damage from Brand, Karthus, and, to a lesser extent, Amumu. Since all of that AoE is magic, you're protecting yourself more by buying magic resist. This is true against most comps: tanks are primarily exposed to AoE damage, which is almost always magic damage.

Obviously this doesn't usually give you free reign to ignore armor, but it's not as important as MR. And of course, if Tryn (in this example) is fed, you need a thornmail anyway. I guess the bottom line is that you always need to pay attention to their comp, but, generally, MR is more important for a tank. Squihsies are another story entirely, since they get focused by everyone.
+1 Never realized that. but yes, very true. thanks.

Fluffy1

05-12-2011

also all the anti health items deal magic damage(mandreds bloodrazors, deathfire grasp etc etc)

the reason armour isnt as usefull is also due to how the way dps and mages work. a dps will keep doing damage as long as he is alive. halving his damage doesnt stop him doing his job just slowing him down. a mage on the other hand mages need to burst people down for their dps to cleanup. if you halve their damage they can barely dent anyone since unlike auto attacks you dont scale 1:1 for ap. a mage that blew all his cooldowns is useless for 5-10 seconds which is usualy the entire fight duration.

mages also only have 2 ways to try and counter resist. void staff with mastery is 49%, with flat pen the number is almost the same making it ineffective. but once you hit 200 MR the minimum you do to them is half their damage. 200 MR is pretty cheap to get. lichbane is the other item which is mages only way to change their damage type(unlike the plethora of dps items that can deal magical damage) and the lichbane doesnt work well with most mages kit. slowing down their combo to land 1-2 lichbane hits could be fatal to them as they need to drop their load and run.