Frozen Mallet on Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isamaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutwo View Post
Sounds like you need to tell your friend to keep his mouth shut until he learns how to play the game. Trinity Force builds from multiple, cheap, good items. Sheen: Q proc = amazing early burst damage. Phage: Survivability. Zeal: Movespeed that happens to have crit (which doesn't hurt).

Trinity Force first isn't for just it's slow. It is primarily for the proc on ability use, then it's for it's HP, then it's for it's slow, then it's for it's movespeed. Not to mention it has attack damage, and crit, which is just another layer of icing on top of another layer of icing.

You don't really need any slows at all with Vayne, they are just a bonus. If you can't catch someone with your passive movespeed bonus + ult, then you shouldn't be chasing that person anyway.

If you are being chased and can't get away with Condem + Ult + Tumble, then you are probably being ganked by multiple people because you pushed out too far.

Finally
Vayne is not an auto attack champ. With a Trinity Force, the vast majority of your damage is from TF procs, not Condem, not your ult, and definently not % based true damage. Her kit is built to move in, deal a lot of burst damage, then move out of counter-attack range for a few second, then come back in to lay down more pain. Rinse and repeat. Her abilities allow you to be able to deal a lot of damage without having to stack damage items.
TF does have a lot going for it. My question would be if you go TF what complements TF and her "blink in and out" strat?

Plutwo

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
TF does have a lot going for it. My question would be if you go TF what complements TF and her "blink in and out" strat?
That's up to the player. Me personally, after I get TF, I'll get a defensive item depending on the other team's makeup. No matter how good you are with Tumbles and keep as much distance as possible from enemy players, you're bound to get caught a few times thanks to enemies having spells like Flash + Exhaust followed by hard CC. The extra survivability might mean the difference between death and surviving their initial combo so you can E followed with R+Q.

After the survival item, just get damage items based on the enemy makeup and what items they are buying.

TF by itself is the entire "blink in and out strat" everything after that is to keep you alive should someone in the team fight break off to focus just you or to help you deal more damage while you are doing you quick burst.

Isamaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutwo View Post
That's up to the player. Me personally, after I get TF, I'll get a defensive item depending on the other team's makeup. No matter how good you are with Tumbles and keep as much distance as possible from enemy players, you're bound to get caught a few times thanks to enemies having spells like Flash + Exhaust followed by hard CC. The extra survivability might mean the difference between death and surviving their initial combo so you can E followed with R+Q.

After the survival item, just get damage items based on the enemy makeup and what items they are buying.
Your one of the only people I've seen on here so far that picks items based on the team not just one set build. In the end this is probably the best advice. Build against the team not just build some cookie cutter build.

Maharaja

05-13-2011

If you took a kill , and wanna snowball with Vayne, go AS, be a glass cannon.
Berzerkers -> Phantom (noone will escape with this and your passive )-> Stark -> Sword of Divine, then maybe a bloodrazor and a banshee.
Sword of Divine can be bought earlier depending on the game.

Assassinine

05-13-2011

Trinity force in my opinion is a core item on her. Frozen mallet is out of the question, the extra hp is nice but a bv is more useful. My build starts with wriggles (nice ad item with armor and lifesteal and a free ward)- sheen - tf - lw or cleaver - bv - and top it off with bloodrazor for pure ownage. I've won almost every game with her using this build, try it for yourself.