Frozen Mallet on Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retribution888

05-13-2011

If you are having problems catching any of your prey go frozen mallet. If not, trinity hits all the basics all around the board. I am partial to trinity. But it depends on the situation, if you go all AP or AD and you have no health get frozen mallet. If you're good on health and you can kill your opponenets without having to chase them 3 miles then get trinity

SculptorOvFlesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution888 View Post
If you are having problems catching any of your prey go frozen mallet. If not, trinity hits all the basics all around the board. I am partial to trinity. But it depends on the situation, if you go all AP or AD and you have no health get frozen mallet. If you're good on health and you can kill your opponenets without having to chase them 3 miles then get trinity
Pls pls....stack AP on Vayne...<<<---NEW PRO BUILD

Isamaru

05-13-2011

Warmog's or Frozen Mallet. This seems to be the heart of the issue. He feels FM and TF is trash on her. His reasoning is "TF costs too much for a slow and FM doesn't have as much health as Warmog's."

I then suggested BV for health and magic resist and he said "No point in getting MR since you get 1 shot". "Their are lots of bads out their that think they know what they are doing when they don't."

Any thoughts? Ever since Vayne came out if I want to run premades with my friend he will say " build her right (Doran's Blade, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, The Bloodthirster, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler) or im playing her and you can just play someone else. "

Would love some thoughts on his "right" build aswell.

Edit: on a side note when we both where watching Phreaks stream he said "he is a 2k+ elo player playing 1200 elo bads so obviously he makes any hero look op." The very next day he says "Phreak is bad and he builds every hero the same way. His build is absolute ****."

Spluuge

05-13-2011

The right build is the one that works best with your play style and team set up, as well as the enemy team comp. Build AS for sustained dps, sit back and auto attack style. Build TF, arp, and high AD for good poking and burstiness, more of a hit and run style. You can also basically build tank and rely on your true damage supplemented by a little AS. There is no right way, only things that may or may not work situationally.

Isamaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spluuge View Post
The right build is the one that works best with your play style and team set up, as well as the enemy team comp. Build AS for sustained dps, sit back and auto attack style. Build TF, arp, and high AD for good poking and burstiness, more of a hit and run style. You can also basically build tank and rely on your true damage supplemented by a little AS. There is no right way, only things that may or may not work situationally.
Totally agree.

sdefreit

05-13-2011

Ive been playing vayne and this is my opinion on her.

TF is a great item but I DO NOT believe in the rushed sheen. The sheen/TF procs are good but get better late game when she is leveled and her base damage is higher. A rushed sheen gives her a proc bonus and that is it. AP and mana are rather useless on her and sheen become a 1200+ gold item for a simple proc.

My first item with vayne is black cleaver. I feel it is an amazing item for her. The AD buffs her tumble and knockback as well as her autos. 30% AS is not bad, and vayne is built to be a single target champ. Who is better designed for black cleavers passive than a single target high AS champion?

After cleaver my next damage items are going to be ziel and phage. Then build it into TF and I usually dont even get sheen since I will build straight into TF. Boots are in there of course and Ive been getting zerkers for extra AS.

For early game AD is going to buff your autos and your tumble. Sheen will only buff your tumble and give you nothing else. I feel like vayne has a lot more mid game power with a BF sword than a sheen. If you disagree with my logic please tell me why.

And btw I am not raging or putting peoples opinion of sheen down I just disagree with it. So please dont rage at me.

Isamaru

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdefreit View Post
Ive been playing vayne and this is my opinion on her.

TF is a great item but I DO NOT believe in the rushed sheen. The sheen/TF procs are good but get better late game when she is leveled and her base damage is higher. A rushed sheen gives her a proc bonus and that is it. AP and mana are rather useless on her and sheen become a 1200+ gold item for a simple proc.

My first item with vayne is black cleaver. I feel it is an amazing item for her. The AD buffs her tumble and knockback as well as her autos. 30% AS is not bad, and vayne is built to be a single target champ. Who is better designed for black cleavers passive than a single target high AS champion?

After cleaver my next damage items are going to be ziel and phage. Then build it into TF and I usually dont even get sheen since I will build straight into TF. Boots are in there of course and Ive been getting zerkers for extra AS.

For early game AD is going to buff your autos and your tumble. Sheen will only buff your tumble and give you nothing else. I feel like vayne has a lot more mid game power with a BF sword than a sheen. If you disagree with my logic please tell me why.

And btw I am not raging or putting peoples opinion of sheen down I just disagree with it. So please dont rage at me.
Thats an interesting take on it. I have thought about putting Black Cleaver in my build but never had room. I will have to try that and see how it works.

sdefreit

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
Thats an interesting take on it. I have thought about putting Black Cleaver in my build but never had room. I will have to try that and see how it works.
Yep this is usually my order:

1) boots plus pots (sometimes blade...Ive been switching around)
2) BF into cleaver
3) zerkers
4) phage, zeil, into TF

After Cleaver, TF and Zerks Ive been stumbling tho. Banshee veil has been on my mind but since shes an assassin maybe she is ok and can keep building offense. Health from TF plus some defensive seals and glyphs with her burst and mobility might be all you need?

So after TF I've been debating between stuff like banshee veil and phantom dancer.

Mitchellito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-13-2011

Frozen Mallet > TF IMO, But that's just because I'm awesome.

Plutwo

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamaru View Post
Warmog's or Frozen Mallet. This seems to be the heart of the issue. He feels FM and TF is trash on her. His reasoning is "TF costs too much for a slow and FM doesn't have as much health as Warmog's."

I then suggested BV for health and magic resist and he said "No point in getting MR since you get 1 shot". "Their are lots of bads out their that think they know what they are doing when they don't."

Any thoughts? Ever since Vayne came out if I want to run premades with my friend he will say " build her right (Doran's Blade, Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Infinity Edge, The Bloodthirster, Warmog's Armor, Atma's Impaler) or im playing her and you can just play someone else. "

Would love some thoughts on his "right" build aswell.

Edit: on a side note when we both where watching Phreaks stream he said "he is a 2k+ elo player playing 1200 elo bads so obviously he makes any hero look op." The very next day he says "Phreak is bad and he builds every hero the same way. His build is absolute ****."
Sounds like you need to tell your friend to keep his mouth shut until he learns how to play the game. Trinity Force builds from multiple, cheap, good items. Sheen: Q proc = amazing early burst damage. Phage: Survivability. Zeal: Movespeed that happens to have crit (which doesn't hurt).

Trinity Force first isn't for just it's slow. It is primarily for the proc on ability use, then it's for it's HP, then it's for it's slow, then it's for it's movespeed. Not to mention it has attack damage, and crit, which is just another layer of icing on top of another layer of icing.

You don't really need any slows at all with Vayne, they are just a bonus. If you can't catch someone with your passive movespeed bonus + ult, then you shouldn't be chasing that person anyway.

If you are being chased and can't get away with Condem + Ult + Tumble, then you are probably being ganked by multiple people because you pushed out too far.

Finally
Vayne is not an auto attack champ. With a Trinity Force, the vast majority of your damage is from TF procs, not Condem, not your ult, and definently not % based true damage. Her kit is built to move in, deal a lot of burst damage, then move out of counter-attack range for a few second, then come back in to lay down more pain. Rinse and repeat. Her abilities allow you to be able to deal a lot of damage without having to stack damage items.