Thoughts on Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tobley

05-12-2011

Sheen isn't that great.
The passive procs only 100% "base damage" ie it does not scale.
It would be best early game and even then, AD will get you more dps from auto attacks.
The other two effects on Sheen, Mana and AP aren't that great.
If Mystic Shot scaled off BOTH AP and AD (which would be horrendous for balance) the AP would be useful but for that First Blood, the AP on Sheen will literally do nothing if you bought any AD item or have a AD runes.

Dthehunter

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
This last thing is kinda what I was trying to address in my suggestions.

Though I do realize, not being level 30, I'm missing a ton of stuff that can level out the playing field.

I just want to play Ezreal all the way up there and doing PvP games, I feel like I'm hurting my team by playing Ezreal.
Also, Last Hitting with Mystic Shot is really expensive, no mana left for a real confrontation generally.
I tend to last hit with my attack,
The reason I stack AD runes early game is because Armor Penetration won't make much of a difference. Most champions don't have much armor early.
It also makes last hitting with Ezreal's basic attack a lot easier. Admittedly, the timing on that is hard for me. Probably because the incoming damage on minions early on is so variable.
Armor penetration for Marks is a MUST. We're talking percentages here. If you cut 10 armor to start, you're already talking more damage than straight attack runes would do even 5 levels up. Armor/Magic penetration is one thing that cannot be understated when talking about a dps champion.

Girls Generation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-12-2011

Since ezreal was the only champion I got a penta kill with in normal games, I have to say that he is actually a very strong carry when played right. He does not have the utility of ashe, but he still proves to be amazingly strong in right hands. Ezreal's damage output is much higher than that of an ashe, and although a tiny bit lower than corki, he still proves to be very strong.

MrPatrickBateman

05-12-2011

Ummm, Can someone else confirm this? I believe on hit effects are direct effects such as..

Madreds, cleaver, things along those lines?

Quote:
This last thing is kinda what I was trying to address in my suggestions.

Though I do realize, not being level 30, I'm missing a ton of stuff that can level out the playing field.

I just want to play Ezreal all the way up there and doing PvP games, I feel like I'm hurting my team by playing Ezreal.
Also, Last Hitting with Mystic Shot is really expensive, no mana left for a real confrontation generally.
I tend to last hit with my attack,
The reason I stack AD runes early game is because Armor Penetration won't make much of a difference. Most champions don't have much armor early.
It also makes last hitting with Ezreal's basic attack a lot easier. Admittedly, the timing on that is hard for me. Probably because the incoming damage on minions early on is so variable.
I am not claiming to be some pro player, far from it. But, I do understand for the most part how the game works, champions abilities etc.

Playing Ez or anyone else..Basically goes like this mid, two minions waves, two people, choose your harasses, if they're someone that heals a lot avoid trading blows. If they're someone that has to get closer to you to do anything punish them A LOT MORE than for what they hit you for.

As Ashe I hang out in the back, and I last hit. If I see a chance I will volley them every time I can. (Depending on who it is)

The key is to avoid harassment though I feel, + your last hits. The relativity to your squishiness doesn't matter if they aren't hitting you. Playing Ezreal isn't a disservice to your team, he's a team champion. Playing champions like Tyrn and Katarina are a disservice to your team.

With Ez, (I would recommend) using your ult at 6 to help get assist/set up fights top or bottom for your team.

I do that with Ashe's arrow, I used to use GP's ult for it back in the day, Karthus's ult, etc. Those global like ults should be used in that way.

For AD vs ARP, the arp scales better overall. Think of it as % damage increases instead of flat. Pre 20, I felt runes are useless as you're going to replace them anyway. Also, the number of AD runes for them to be noticeable is much higher.

Last hitting =Knowing your flat damage, or Q damage, then subtract it from minions current HP/rate of death = GOLD

Tobley

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthehunter View Post
Armor penetration for Marks is a MUST. We're talking percentages here. If you cut 10 armor to start, you're already talking more damage than straight attack runes would do even 5 levels up. Armor/Magic penetration is one thing that cannot be understated when talking about a dps champion.
Wait, Armor Penetration runes are a value..
And starting champion armor is a value. What is the armor penetration value - % and does it reduce the % of physical damage reduction or the value of armor on a champion?

I was under the impression that Armor penetration would reduce champion armor value.
This would be small at low levels. Either way i guess it is irrelevant considering i was arguing for the long-term effectiveness of a build.

Dthehunter

05-12-2011

Anyone who's played LoL for a while will always point you in the direction of amor/magic pen marks. As my primary AD rune/mastery set, I come into the game with 21 armor penetration. This is only from Marks and masteries. This makes a major difference in the early game, especially when I get a brutalizer for my first item.

Emperata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Quote:
Sheen isn't that great.
The passive procs only 100% "base damage" ie it does not scale.
It would be best early game and even then, AD will get you more dps from auto attacks.
The other two effects on Sheen, Mana and AP aren't that great.
If Mystic Shot scaled off BOTH AP and AD (which would be horrendous for balance) the AP would be useful but for that First Blood, the AP on Sheen will literally do nothing if you bought any AD item or have a AD runes.
Vayne cant use any of the stats on Sheen except for the proc but its still her best item. It's meant for chars with low CD single target attacks like her and Ez.

Travalanche

05-12-2011

Ezreal sucks, there are champions that do the same things as him but do it BETTER.

Azurestrikelol

05-12-2011

Ezreal's #1 core item is trinity force. I usually get trinity force, sword of the occult (ezreal is a very safe champion to snowball on since you will rarely die unless your team is failing you.) and bloodrazor. I usually start with manamune into trinity force into bloodrazor though you may want to hold off on upgrading the sheen to TF until you finish razor against tanky dps stack teams.

MrPatrickBateman

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
Ezreal sucks, there are champions that do the same things as him but do it BETTER.
This is such a stupid post, the same can be said about anyone. If everyone felt this way, the game would revolve around five champions in normal, and ten champions in ranked.

Take this non-constructive garbage else where.