Thoughts on Ezreal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Also not to mention Mystic Shot is a great farming ability if you miss a last hit, not to mention late game when I need my ult, solid farming for 20 seconds eats the cooldown so easy.

Also, AD > AP.

AP is simply too expensive in my opinion, takes forever to build, whereas AD Ezreal can start getting kills pre-level 6.

Tobley

05-12-2011

I think you are looking past my suggestions.
I don't think he is designed properly.
I was merely posting suggesting ways to change that.

To be fair a lot of this is because I've played other champions "logically" and had great effect.
Ezreal doesn't make much sense.
I've been reading other players' suggestions and end up having a higher death than kill/assist.
Not even mentioning turret destruction because Ezreal is, in my experience way too squishy to push.

I can push and kill with Veigar for instance immensely easier than Ezreal.

There is something to Ezreal that is beyond explanation and I'm trying to either get that fixed or have it somehow taught to me.
Ezreal is by far my favorite character but I'm frustrated dying when I follow player guides or even my own intuition.

He can't play offensively because it gets him killed.
Playing defensively gets him pushed back.
Using Mana-regen anyplace in your build makes his damage output less.
Going AP makes your Passive garbage.
Going AD makes Essence flux generally awful.
Going survival makes your damage output pointlesss.
Why bring Ezreal when you can bring any other Ranged carry?

@MrPatrickBateman
I'm saying a hybrid Ezreal would have minimal damage output because you would have an average AP and AD less than a focused Ezreal, and the entire opposing team's mitigiation would further reduce the effectiveness.
@codxmlgxprox420x
Where do you get the mana to spam Mystic Shot? Sheen/Trinity Force are the only forms of mana I'm familiar with in a typical Ezreal build.

Dthehunter

05-12-2011

You could try getting a manamune to deal with your mana issues. I'm curious, though. What are your runes/masteries? I rarely have mana issues with using EZ.

Tobley

05-12-2011

I'm only level 15. So I can understand why people would malign my ignorance.
I'm only using AD runes right now because Ezreal's early game seems so important to me and I'm saving for Rank3 runes when I hit 20 and know what better to buy.

I've been trying both deep Offense and deep support.
The mana regen from the Support tree is the only passive regen I'd want to get.
I've also heard from several people that there are more effective uses of your gold than Manamune.

I appreciate anyone trying to remedy my ignorance though. <3

Also, I typically don't have issues. That is if I only use my skills on champions.
I can not farm with Mystic Shot though as some people have stated. That will make me go oom SO quick.

Dthehunter

05-12-2011

if by AD runes you mean straight attack power, then you need to remove that and get Armor Pen marks and CDR glyphs. If you're having such mana problems, then why not get manamune? It may solve your mana problem until lvl 30. Once 30 your build can vary more because you'll have 30 skillpoints for masteries and full t3 runes.

MrPatrickBateman

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
I think you are looking past my suggestions.
I don't think he is designed properly.
I was merely posting suggesting ways to change that.

To be fair a lot of this is because I've played other champions "logically" and had great effect.
Ezreal doesn't make much sense.
I've been reading other players' suggestions and end up having a higher death than kill/assist.
Not even mentioning turret destruction because Ezreal is, in my experience way too squishy to push.

I can push and kill with Veigar for instance immensely easier than Ezreal.

There is something to Ezreal that is beyond explanation and I'm trying to either get that fixed or have it somehow taught to me.
Ezreal is by far my favorite character but I'm frustrated dying when I follow player guides or even my own intuition.

He can't play offensively because it gets him killed.
Playing defensively gets him pushed back.
Using Mana-regen anyplace in your build makes his damage output less.
Going AP makes your Passive garbage.
Going AD makes Essence flux generally awful.
Going survival makes your damage output pointlesss.
Why bring Ezreal when you can bring any other Ranged carry?

@MrPatrickBateman
I'm saying a hybrid Ezreal would have minimal damage output because you would have an average AP and AD less than a focused Ezreal, and the entire opposing team's mitigiation would further reduce the effectiveness.
@codxmlgxprox420x
Where do you get the mana to spam Mystic Shot? Sheen/Trinity Force are the only forms of miana I'm familiar with in a typical Ezreal build.
Fella. I am not saying Hybrid. I am saying, pick one one role or the other. That's a thing with Ezreal, what he lacks with utility, he makes up with damage and mobility. But if that is what you were referring to with specialization of MR or armor I get now that is what you were inferring.

Here is the deal: You asked why bring Ez over another carry? He has decent harass, can keep himself alive.

Why bring MF over Ez? Mf has no CC either, A LOT EASIER to gank.
Why Caitlyn? No cc, less damage than ezreal overall as a carry?

Ez is just a decent champion with a high learning curve. You CAN harass, the key to avoiding your squishiness is .. .To avoid being hit in general. If you're Ezreal Vs Ashe, you avoid her level 1 first hit crit/volley deal that will deplete a ton of HP...You avoid Volleys, basicallly...She volleys you avoid, you then know it is on CD for a considerable amount of time you unload, you back off.

The ONLY thing she sincerely would on you is a Stun ult.

But this is what you have on her, when you're harassing her you are hitting her with THREE buttons opposed to her ONE.

Swain VS Ashe, same deal, she volleys him, he can full combo her.

It's hard to compare champions directly, they all have advantages an disadvantages.

You do know with farming in general, you should be primarily last hitting? Ezreal's Q is good for that, it does enough damage, with enough range to pick off minions for good gold also a low CD

Ezreal is fine as he is..BUT, I do not play him because I feel I have to be against a bad player to EASILY play, or I can not make mistakes.

Emperata

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
I'm only level 15. So I can understand why people would malign my ignorance.
I'm only using AD runes right now because Ezreal's early game seems so important to me and I'm saving for Rank3 runes when I hit 20 and know what better to buy.

I've been trying both deep Offense and deep support.
The mana regen from the Support tree is the only passive regen I'd want to get.
I've also heard from several people that there are more effective uses of your gold than Manamune.

I appreciate anyone trying to remedy my ignorance though. <3

Also, I typically don't have issues. That is if I only use my skills on champions.
I can not farm with Mystic Shot though as some people have stated. That will make me go oom SO quick.

I would assume this is a given, but are you picking up Sheen? Ez is probably one of the best users of it because it solves pretty much all early game mana problems and will give you double dmg mystic shots.

MrPatrickBateman

05-12-2011

^ I can be wrong, but I Don't think it doubles the damage of your mystic shot. . .

Mystic shot procs sheen, so your next regular attack deals double, not mystic shot itself.
Mystic shot -> Sheen -> auto hit

Tobley

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPatrickBateman View Post
Ezreal is fine as he is..BUT, I do not play him because I feel I have to be against a bad player to EASILY play, or I can not make mistakes.
This last thing is kinda what I was trying to address in my suggestions.

Though I do realize, not being level 30, I'm missing a ton of stuff that can level out the playing field.

I just want to play Ezreal all the way up there and doing PvP games, I feel like I'm hurting my team by playing Ezreal.
Also, Last Hitting with Mystic Shot is really expensive, no mana left for a real confrontation generally.
I tend to last hit with my attack,
The reason I stack AD runes early game is because Armor Penetration won't make much of a difference. Most champions don't have much armor early.
It also makes last hitting with Ezreal's basic attack a lot easier. Admittedly, the timing on that is hard for me. Probably because the incoming damage on minions early on is so variable.

Emperata

05-12-2011

Mystic Shot applies on hit efffects, so its just as if you're basic attacking. If the Mystic Shot misses of course, you'll still have the sheen buff though.