Vayne's silver bolts...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meat Pogo Stick

05-12-2011

Honestly i don't think Vayne is all that OP... then again, i play Brand a lot and can usually shut her down with a well placed stun, or at least get her to back off with my other abilities.

As most of us 'seasoned' LoL players know, good CC wins ANY game.
And this is especially true for the hard-hitting yet fragile-as-an-egg Vayne.

My problem is the fact that her silver bolts either cost no mana, or not enough (not sure which, as I've never played her).
Seeing as a lot of people equate her to a variation on Ashe, I think that the only 'nerft' that should be even remotely considered is to charge Vayne a certain amount of mana per use of Silver Bolts, much like Ashe's Frost Shot. Vayne being able to spam Silver Bolts with little to no cost is just plain silly.

Lets face it, how often does Vayne really use her mana? I can't recall a game with or against Vayne in which i noticed her mana low, or OOM. Due to the cooldowns on every other abilitiy that actually requires mana for her (knockback, roll, ulti) she always seems to have ample mana for really no reason. This could easily be countered by charging her an amount of mana per bolt-fired of Silver Bolts... which would in turn, force the Vayne players to be more cautious of how many [silver bolts] they are spamming on minions, turrets, etc.

This would also cause Vayne players to consider getting some type of mana replenishment item, even if its only a Manamune. Doing so would also require players to decide on going for pure, high output damage items, or to supplement the cost of spamming Silver Bolts on every minion, turret and tree in the game by having to get some mana regen.

Like i said, I'm not even sure if she goes get charged per use of Silver Bolts, but if she does... its not enough. Just look at Ashe, she has to get mana regen if she expects to spam frost shot on every single attack.

If your just going to spam some useless troll response to this thread, don't bother. If you have an educated opinion for or against my argument, by all means please reply.

Yvo

05-12-2011

%max health true damage is asinine, period. It violates simple laws of gameplay. It is called a counter to the metagame, BS, all it does is punish the 1 tank on the team in an actually fairly balanced team. It's insane.

powda

05-12-2011

Sorry you guys are:
a) Tanks
b) Playing with lousy support / DPS.

But here's the real story with Vayne. The ONLY heroes in the game who care about this skill are the tanks because her range is so low and her burst is so poor. Silver Bolts does a small amount of bonus damage every *THIRD* attack - not EVERY - attack and it relies on her attacking you in succession, I think the "stacks" fall off after about 5 or 6 seconds. The trick is conning Vayne into attacking you and then drawing her in while your DPS (who are ALL better at what they do than Vayne) 2- or 3- shot her in 3 seconds.

Meat Pogo Stick

05-12-2011

And what happens past mid game when Vayne has 1.2+ attack speed and your taking those 3 shots (with or without the bonus damage from her roll) in under 4 seconds? With no mana repercussions what-so-ever? God forbid any Vayne go for attack speed AND attack damage... what Vayne in their right mind would try THAT build?

=-/

Iralius

05-12-2011

The fact you can't activate/deactivate her bolts would completely ruin her by making it costs mana...

Meat Pogo Stick

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iralius View Post
The fact you can't activate/deactivate her bolts would completely ruin her by making it costs mana...
They would obviously have to change this mechanic in order to charge her mana per use. I'm sure its not a difficult thing to change.

Yakri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

It's really not that big of an issue, or that large of a steroid.

She's a short ranged hit and run character with an ability that's mostly useful in long fights.

It helps her fulfill a role, and no, it isn't overpowered.

Naramiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-12-2011

I've found a lot (not all) of the more recent champions have such low mana costs that they almost don't need mana. Combined with the energy champs, the health champs and the just-cooldown champs, it rather seems as though Riot just wishes they'd never put mana limits in the game...

RyuuMasken

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvo View Post
%max health true damage is asinine, period. It violates simple laws of gameplay. It is called a counter to the metagame, BS, all it does is punish the 1 tank on the team in an actually fairly balanced team. It's insane.
except if she's attacking the tank instead of the carry, then the carry is living and exploding the team and the tank is doing their job

so I don't see why you're complaining

maxicus

05-12-2011

massive mana limitations are only usually used to stop powerful spamming effects. IE Eve and her stealth combo would be seriously OP without the huge mana requirements.

given that silver bolts are at best an irratant doesn't make them warrent a mana loss. ashe's frost arrow has a mana requirement because of the scaling slow that she gets which is a major game changer.

if you look at her Ult it costs a good deal of mana to get off because it does insane damage with a stun and it scale majorly after the 1st point.

people have to realize as well that adjustments will be made it is just that they need to gather data before they make those adjustments. i have been rocking with ashe lately. i am at about a 28-30 kill range and only about 8 deaths with her and about 20 assists.

don't feed vayne you don't have to worry. it is feeding her that causes problems.