Buy audio with Riot Points?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2009

I was pondering today and I thought it would be cool if you could buy alternate lines, taunts, etc for your champions/summoner. Preferably lines that your opponent could hear too, that way you could show them off in-game.

For example, for Twisted Fate you could have a command like '/1' or just the button 1 shout something like "Test your luck!" at the opponent you currently have selected or the whole opposing team.

It would be an interesting way to make more flavor, banter with the other team, and raise the immersion level.

In general, buying more audio (music, effects, announcers, voices) with riot points sounds like another good way to spend points that wouldn't affect power level.

shdw

08-31-2009

Sounds like a good idea. Right audio in right time can properly piss people off. ;]

Lolex

08-31-2009

I sense some spamming of taunts. Make sure to put in a limited amount or a quite long cd for them in that case.

Kingreaper

09-01-2009

I like the idea. Obviously soundspam could be a problem, but honestly, if they've paid money for riot points they probably don't want to risk a ban losing them their account.

Lollerman

09-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolex View Post
I sense some spamming of taunts. Make sure to put in a limited amount or a quite long cd for them in that case.
/ignore and /mute commands.

Kevoun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2009

Hmm... Maybe you would get 1 taunt 'cast' for every kill you make in a game? The problem there is that tanks and support characters wouldn't get as many, whereas carries etc. would have enough kills to spam it anyway.

Gillinger Escape

09-01-2009

"Don't play with the sad little mummy!!!"

That would be great XD

Stoph

09-02-2009

yeah pretty much buy an 'adios skin' for a char, that'd be interesting

Cantor

09-08-2009

Aww, I thought this was my idea. I fully support this!

EDIT: Actually, perhaps not fully, I think it could get really annoying depending on what sounds are for sale. But I DO think it could make alot of money to keep the game afloat. I just hope theres nothing TOO humiliating available for sale that drives off new players/customers.