Manamune Ezreal Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imhuge

05-12-2011

I've been rushing Manamune my last few Ezreal games and won all of them, 2 of them were ranked games at 1900s solo queue

This build is copying the normal Urgot build of Manamune/Brutalizer/Ionian Boots

My runes aren't very good, but I use my 1st rune page with damage runes
I go 21/9/0 masteries (Strength of Spirit), 21/0/9 if I can get blue buffs
I take Cleanse/Flash if there's 2+ stuns/strong slows but substitute Cleanse as desired
Skill order Q > E > W, early point in W lets you kill tower if your team kills lane opponent

Start:

Meki
2 potions

Go to lane and push very hard, try to get to tower; it's too early in the game to be ganked by most junglers/roamers
You can afford Tear after the 3rd wave, provided you only miss around 2 or 3 last hits, this is around 3-4 minute mark
Recall and buy Tear, your tower should be safe if you outpushed the enemy

After Tear:

Buy in any order (I like Ionian/Manamune/Brutalizer)
Ionian Boots
Manamune
Brutalizer (can get Last Whisper instead if you get kills or blue buffs)
1 or 2 Doran's Blades at anytime if desired
Vampiric Scepter after last item

Farm up Tear
, remember to Mystic Shot on the way back to lane, you'll recover most of the mana and build up about 20 mana
Harass, with Ionian Boots and Tear you can spam and with Strength of Spirit and potions you should be able to outlast most champs
Stay safe, you shouldn't expect to kill by yourself, it's good enough to force the other guy out of lane, you get a lot stronger once you get items so try not to waste time

Later:

Trinity Force
(I buy Phage, Sheen, Zeal in that order)
Frozen Mallet instead of Trinity (if your team lacks ranged slows)
Bloodthirster
Replace Brutalizer
(Black Cleaver or Last Whisper are fine, Starks can be okay_
Red/Green Elixir
Blue Elixir if you need CDR

Defense:
Tenacity item or Quicksilver Sash
(Mercury Treads if you get golem, Elisa's Miracle or Cloak and Dagger are fine)
Hexdrinker or Wit's End (Hexdrinker is easier to use and better defense, Wit's End is more damage)
Guardian Angel (best with healer)
Banshee's Veil (I think it's a little overrated but it's important if you don't have Cleanse and against Flash initiation like Alistar or Eve or Mao)
Leviathan (IF YOU ARE BRAVE)

Tear versus other items:

Sheen -
You can rush Sheen by 5th or 6th wave but you have to be better at Mystic Shot to get the most use out of it
Catalyst - Same timing as Sheen, fine even if you don't get Banshee
2 or 3 Doran's Blade - Same timing as Sheen, though I tend to only ever get 1, seems strong
Brutalizer - Same timing as Sheen, 2nd best autoattack option behind Doran's and 2nd best damage option behind Sheen
Executioner's Calling - Same timing as Sheen, passive does about 22 damage and lifesteal is great, you can block their recalls for forever, net loss of 230 gold if you sell it so why not?
BF Sword - Around 10th wave if you start with nothing (6 or 7 minutes), later for most people, a little crazy
Philosopher Stone - Can get by 2nd wave, the regen is only okay but it's very fast gold/5

KyranX

05-12-2011

Um....... from my experience, if you get Meki first you can't really push since you are more squishy than say a Ezreal that went for Doran's shield first.

Also another thing from experience, sometimes I would get tears after sheen instead of Brutalizer, so I tend to try to make up for my lack of damage by using the skill order Q>W>E so I could spam W with the excess Mana and make up for a bit of damage out put I would of dished out if I had gotten Brutalizer in the first place.

imhuge

05-12-2011

When I say push, it just means attack as much as possible. It doesn't matter if you're squishy, someone who tries to attack you will get attacked by your minions, who will be stronger than any champion at that point. Even if you get hurt, you'll be recalling to buy Tear anyway.

My last game I laned against Doran Blade stacking Vayne and I traded with her easily. Hitting Q will get all the damage you need and is much cheaper and more useful than leveling W.

KyranX

05-12-2011

It does matter if your squishy since you are trying to attack as much as possible, you would be not moving but standing there Auto attacking (if you do mean this by attacking as much as possible) and very prone to harass. In any case even if you are not attacking as much as possible then you would be zoned out since you are squishier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhuge View Post
Hitting Q will get all the damage you need and is much cheaper and more useful than leveling W.
Q>W>E so does your above statement matter at all?
What I'm suggesting is Q+W=more damage since you have the Mana now to spam both skills.

imhuge

05-13-2011

This isn't really relevant to the topic but I'll try to explain so it makes sense to you. I have played 2000 rated players in ranked, 1300-1600 players in normals, lower ranked players when queuing with friends, and unranked players in all randoms and never ran into problems with this strategy.

For Meki Pendant versus Doran's Shield, Meki lets you get 2 potions while Doran's gives 100 health and small armor+healing. The 2 potions should prevent you from being zoned out and if anything the other guy will be zoned out. Are you taking Doran's Shield and killing every enemy that doesn't?

You're attacking minions so you should end up with more minions than the other guy. If you get hit by spell harass that's fine cause you have 2 potions, which is at least 800 HP for the other guy to go through in 2 minutes. If you get hit by attacking harass, the other guy has to eat minion damage, which is at least 2 champions' worth of damage. Either way, you should only be hurting as much as the other guy is. Ezreal's Q makes him very strong at level 1-3, which is where you should be done farming for Tear, so very few champs would trade with you, let alone with minion backup.

Q+W is more damage but will run your mana out very fast even with Tear and W is a skillshot. Leveling E makes you less vulnerable to ganks and is still comparable damage if used to harass. Usually I'll end up around level 12-14 when my team starts sticking together, which means maxing out Q and 1 other skill. The 8 second cooldown difference between level 1 and 5 E is more important than the stats from leveling W at this time and you can only max E if you were leveling it earlier. What I'm suggesting is using Q+E instead of Q+W to prepare for late game. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the 20% attack speed is not worth leveling W over E for, besides a dedicated push strategy.

imhuge

05-14-2011

Doesn't seem like anyone's interested in this

I can't run lolreplay, best I can do is post screenshots