Rylais proc on meteor placement? (Veigar)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilantius

05-12-2011

I remember reading somewhere that the slow from rylais was placed as soon as you selected where meteor should hit rather than when it actually falls. is this true? because it would make rylais worth taking, and if Rylais is worth taking, I think I might go Archangels staff, Rod of ages, boots, Rylais etc. etc..... what do you think?

TooStronkadonk

05-12-2011

shouldn't be getting rylais or RoA on veigar anyways.....

SlimJimm13

05-12-2011

Rylai would be alright if you have AA. However it won't help you, only allies.
Veigar does not chase. He combos, then runs like crazy. (Veigar puns. =D)

Honestly, excluding situational items, all veigar needs is an AA, and a stack of rabadons. Unless they have mr, it is totally justifiable to run around with 4 rabadons melting nearly 3000 health instantly.

Fluffy1

05-12-2011

rylia's states upon taking magic damage from spells. meteor wont slow them till i lands.

on anohter note you do realize in the time it took to post this you prob could have just tested it yourself in bot games.

DoransTroll

05-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
rylia's states upon taking magic damage from spells. meteor wont slow them till i lands.

on anohter note you do realize in the time it took to post this you prob could have just tested it yourself in bot games.
When testing, check for when debuff procs (click the targets, and see if debuff comes up).
Personally though, I have heard that yes, it procs on placement, not damage.

It could be useful if you can quite reliably DM while saving EH for team utility.

And no, it will take quite a bit longer to test it. It's also not exactly obvious for newcomers to come up with good methods to test this kind of thing, as some game mechanics might not be perfectly obvious to them (and even to us..and I've been here since beta).

corallein

05-13-2011

A number of spells used to proc the slow upon activation of the spell area, rather than when the spell triggered damage.

This included Cho'gath's Rupture (why Rylai's was required on him for a while, since it made landing Rupture way easier) and probably Veigar's Dark Matter as well (was never a Veigar player, so I'm not 100% sure on this).

This is no longer the case, and Rylai's only procs on ability damage.