The back door

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aramathia

03-13-2010

I have started playing Pantheon a lot. He's a decent champion that can swing either to the tank or dps side depending on gear. However, his ultimate is fairly useless except for two things. Minion pool dismemberment and back door attacks. I just finished a game where the other team surrendered because I used ultimate to attack their inhibitor while they were playing grab arse at our center line inhibitor turret. The reason I post here is, just before surrendering, I received a lot of disparaging remarks about backdoor attacks. Get over it. It's called winning tactics. There aren't any rules in the game that say that I have to kill your champion to win. More than once, I have turned a defeat into a victory, using Pantheon ulti to attack enemy bases while the rest of the team held them off at the final towers or inhibitor lines. Also more than once I have caused the enemy final defense to founder because when their minions spawn out and start occupying super minions time, I ulti into the middle of them and kill them off so the supers will get back on the towers or enemy champs. If you only want to run up and smash enemy champs to increase your kill death ratio, then you are playing only half the game. Strategy and tactics will win out over brute force all day long.

L2P Necro

03-13-2010

you play to win they messed up boo hoo!

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2010

Thank goodness someone still understands the concept of the game.
We almost go from an easy win to a loss today because our DPSs decided it's more important to blue pill back to base after every ace rather than push on. What should've been a 25 min win turned into a 45 min-almost-loss, then finally a 1 hour win.

The Illusive Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2010

i did the same thing with AD/AS TF build theyw ere knocking our 2 turrets to our nexus down i teleported to their undefended nexus for the win too bad i didnt get to see their remarks cause my computer shut down right after i destroyed their nexus

Sheshi

03-21-2010

I pretty much did the same but with mordekaiser. I had a high kill rate and had set up a semi-carry semi-tank experimental build. I ended up pushing right through the top lane and into their base, destroyed the two nexus turrets and the nexus itself while everyone else was busy defending/attacking. Only one person actually went back to try to stop me.

Mesa H

03-21-2010

Just do anything to get you the win. It's that simple, yet, people whine and cry about everything.

The Promise

03-21-2010

There is nothing wrong with BDing. It's their fault that they didn't realize that you were not in the team fights, or watch their creeps to see if someone was trying to back door. Yeah it sucks to get BDed, but it's preventable.

I played a game a while back where they enemy Shaco went something like 34/2. He got fed to hell and was so good and some people on my team so bad that he could single handedly kill about 2 or 3 of the people on my team. My friend BDed their Nexus (they had lost all of their turrets) when they pushed for the win, and we got the victory that would not have taken a hour had it not been for that Shaco. However, everyone lol'd about it in game chat after we won.

XeroJin84

03-21-2010

should arrange a group of all backdooring characters.

Panth
Twitch
Shaco
TF
Eve

Do nothing but backdoor when possible.

Itorbeh

03-22-2010

Need a holding character in there to keep them from pushing your base :P

Eviant

03-22-2010

Eve can do all right for Backdooring, though I wouldn't put her on that list. She can't tank the turret, and her attack damage isn't really strong enough to drop the towers. Then again, I heard a percentage of AP is added to the attack damage against towers, so if that is true, then it is possible.

But you missed Yi, Alister, Sivir, and Cho. Pending on the builds, they can all drop towers like nobodies business.