Swain vs jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jimthestrike

05-12-2011

Hello guys,

My main character is actualy vladimir but these times i'm playing with swain and when playing against jax I always find myself raging and I simply can't kill him. I'd like to have some tips and tricks when playing against jax with swain.

thank you

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-12-2011

don't get into his leap strike range, and as soon as you see him use empower, use the root spell right in front of you (so he jumps at you and gets stuck), back off and use your other abilities.
I don't know if it's possible to kill jax early as a mage/melee character without ganking, but this should keep him off

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

I main Jax. If you are a caster do not auto attack him at all late game and try to engage him away from your own minions. Unlike most champs Jax wants the minions to aggro him so that he can proc his dodge.

In short:
No auto attack and no minions=no dodge=no stun.

jimthestrike

05-12-2011

Thanks for the quick answers this help a bit

DaFront

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

swain needs minions to heal himself
and jax wants minions for dodge

OnlyBotLane

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimthestrike View Post
Thanks for the quick answers this help a bit
I'd be happy to help you practice swain vs jax if you add me in game.

larkhill

05-12-2011

alternatively,u can simply stack spell vamp and laugh at jax.

the thing with jax is, he gets REALLY hard to kill the later a game gets. after 50 min or so, u basically wont kill him 1v1. he does too much dmg.

OnlyBotLane

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
alternatively,u can simply stack spell vamp and laugh at jax.

the thing with jax is, he gets REALLY hard to kill the later a game gets. after 50 min or so, u basically wont kill him 1v1. he does too much dmg.
Matches rarely get to 50 minutes and it is even rarer to get a 1v1 situation passed about 15 minutes (I'm assuming you are talking SR with that play time). By 50 minutes Jax has passed his usefulness because he offers nothing to a 5v5 team fight. He just gets dropped.

As for the spell vamp... I'm not sure. Never played as Swain but it might be worth noting that almost every person who plays Jax will rush a Hextech Gunblade so he will probably have Life Steal and Spell Vamp before you.

If the Jax has built full AD obvious choice is thornmail.

Late game deathfire grasp might be a good way to engage (Jax's HP will be around 3000).