Phoenix Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DramaticBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2011

Is he worth using as opposed to Tiger or Bear-Turtle Udyr?

Fear Sivir

05-12-2011

Well, the way I play him is just turtle,bear,turtle, etc. But I primarily jungle with udyr so I don't know if the skill build changes if you are laning. I find if you put points early on in phoenix, you gimp out on turtle stance, with in a 1vs1 and teamfight will help you much more than 100 or so extra dmg from phoenix. Just my opinion on this.

Happy udyring (However you say that)

Nidd

05-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaticBear View Post
Is he worth using as opposed to Tiger or Bear-Turtle Udyr?
Phoenix is faster and safer in the jungle and pushes better, but his ganks are much worse.

If the meta shifts significantly away from early ganks, Phoenix Udyr might outclass Tiger Udyr.

Spluuge

05-12-2011

I find tiger udyr far more effective for jungling. Phoenix has been weak for a while now as your primary jungling stance. In a team fight it's worth switching to phoenix momentarily for the boost it gives but it's still your worst overall stance.

TheCowGoes

05-12-2011

Check it. A lot of his reasoning goes into using not just tiger *or* phoenix but tiger AND phoenix due to the fact that they give steroids that buff the other stance... and the tiger DoT works extremely well but the persistent effect is somewhat lackluster compared to some of the others, and phoenix's persistent effect is wonderful giving you the most DPS the longer you spend in it, but the active effect is kinda meh compared to the tiger DoT. I personally try a cross-stance soak build picking up tiger at 8 and then adapting from there, taking tri-force to cover MS loss by only lvling bear stance to lvl 3 while making the tiger DoT hit like a truck. Failing that, a phoenix tank build works surprisingly well.

Plus if they gank you at blue with pheonix you can actually recover, while tiger (for me) has horrid recovery time and usually requires an early kill to make it back into good standing. I find that people underestimate just how much damage phoenix stance can do early game as well -- it's no tiger, but your ganks should still do crazy damage.

TL;DR While I'm not the most amazing Udyr player, I do love starting with phoenix stance. It makes me happy.